General News

Ferguson storms out of Australian news interview

By:
Aug 12, 2011 | 5:00am EDT

The Duchess of York was caught on camera trying to set up a business deal with an undercover News of the World journalist in return for access to her ex-husband Prince Andrew.

Fergie has publicly talked about her disgust over her actions, and she called on Oprah Winfrey last year (10) to help her rebuild her shattered reputation.

But the topic was a no-go area last week (ends07Aug11) when the former royal sat down with Michael Usher for a taped 60 Minutes interview in Australian.

In a trailer for the upcoming episode, an angry Ferguson appears to shut down the chat after she is asked to watch the News of the World footage. She demands that the footage is deleted as she leaves the room.

The Duchess did eventually complete the interview, but her manager John Scott is furious over the techniques used by 60 Minutes executives.

He says, "We had gone through all the questions and subject matter beforehand and filmed all the walking in the park footage before we sat down. She did walk out when she was ambushed - no, it was entrapment - but, after cooling down, she said to me, 'F**k them, let's do this', and she did, but it was a banal interview and her demeanour reflected that."

But the show's producer Hamish Thomson insists he's baffled by the upset, insisting it was made clear to Ferguson that Usher would quiz her on the subject: "She agreed to talk about the issue, as she has already extensively done, so it certainly wasn't entrapment."

Ferguson also threatened to walk out of an online chat with Time magazine reporter Belinda Luscombe last month (Jul11) when she initially refused to avoid questions about the tabloid scandal.

More General News
 
comments powered by Disqus