Celebrity News

Anna Nicole Smith Died of Accidental Overdose

By:
Mar 26, 2007 | 6:21am EDT

Tragic model Anna Nicole Smith died of an accidental drug overdose, according to Florida police.

The 39-year-old was found dead in her suite at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, on Feb. 8--five months after the death of her 20-year-old son Daniel in the Bahamas.

Seminole Tribe Police Chief Charlie Tiger and Broward County, Florida, Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Joshua Perper announced results of the model's autopsy in Dania, Florida, at 10:30 a.m. local time today.

Tiger said there was nothing to indicate foul play in her death and the case was now closed.

Perper said there was "no evidence of disease" in Smith's body, but she had been feeling ill and had a high temperature prior to her collapse.

He added he had searched numerous medical records and studied numerous bottles of medication in her possession, including Methadone, anti-anxiety and anti-depression medication.

An investigation into Daniel's death is scheduled to begin in the Bahamas tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Smith's partner Howard K. Stern, ex-boyfriend Larry Birkhead and Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband Prince Frederic Von Anhalt are submitting DNA tests to determine which man is the father of the model's six-month-old baby Dannielynn.

COPYRIGHT 2007 WORLD ENTERTAINMENT NEWS NETWORK LTD. All Global Rights Reserved.

More Celebrity News
 
comments powered by Disqus