Well, Saturday marks the 21st birthday of the one and only Miley Cyrus, and we've found ourselves getting a bit emotional about our favorite little Hannah Montana growing up. We can't help but fondly look back at all of the wonderful life lessons that Miley has graciously (and dramatically) given us.
Here are 21 things that Miley Cyrus has taught us:
1. Bleached eyebrows are a thing that people can do.
2. If you twerk on national television, people will talk about nothing else but you for over a month.
3. If you stick your tongue out enough times, people will eventually think it's normal.
4. If you're in a Nicholas Sparks movie, you will fall in love with your co-star.
5. If you're invited to host on SNL, never leave.
6. If you "accidentally" butt tweet too many times, people with stop believing you.
7. If you put on a wig, no one with recognize you.
8. Singers can be film actors, too. (We're looking at you, LOL.)
9. There's no such thing has having too many names: Miley Cyrus, Smiley, Hannah Montana, and Destiny Hope Cyrus.
10. Salvia is not weed.
11. Licking a sledgehammer is deemed attractive by some people.
12. If it's your party, you can do what you want to.
13. Getting naked and posing on a magazine cover at age 15 will get you more record sales.
14. If you're famous enough, all you have to do is cut your hair and it will make more news than the closing ceremony of the London Olympics.
15. Smoking a joint on live television is always a good move.
16. Wear kicks to Nashville parties, and wear stilettos to L.A. parties.
17. "I'm just being Miley" is an acceptable excuse for anything you ever do.
And 18 through 21 are four life lessons straight from the mind of the birthday girl:
damned if you do damned if you don't.— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) November 18, 2013
sometimes in life you just gotta decide to not give AF— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) November 11, 2013
Use your MIND to have a good time— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) September 28, 2013
BE FREE— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) November 20, 2013
Happy Almost Birthday, Miley!