Celebrity News

Baldwin Facing Ban from Philippines

By:
May 22, 2009 | 3:57am EDT

Alec Baldwin has been banned from entering the Philippines -- just one day after the actor publicly apologized for joking about sex trafficking in the country.

The country's Bureau of Immigration has closed its borders to the star, according to a statement released by the government office on Thursday.

Immigration Commissioner Marcelino Libanan says, "By being on the bureau’s blacklist, Baldwin is forbidden from entering the country as he is deemed an undesirable alien."

The actor incurred the wrath of authorities in the Philippines after he told TV host David Letterman that he was contemplating paying for a "Filipino mail-order bride" to father more children during an interview last week.

On Wednesday, he took to his blog on the Huffington Post Web site to apologize for making light of the grave matter.

He wrote: "I apologize for the perceived insensitivity of that remark."

(c) 2009 WORLD ENTERTAINMENT NEWS NETWORK LTD. All global rights reserved. No unauthorized copying or re-distributing permitted.

MORE NEWS: McCartney's Home Removed from Google Maps

More Celebrity News
 
comments powered by Disqus