Celebrity News

Ortega quits Footloose

By:
Oct 26, 2009 | 5:00am EDT

The High School Musical filmmaker was said to have been unhappy with the tone and budget of the update and decided he no longer wanted to be involved in its production, reports trade paper Daily Variety.

A spokesperson for Paramount Pictures has refused to confirm speculation about Ortega's reasons for leaving, but hinted his recent work on the Michael Jackson movie This Is It has taken its toll on the director.

He says, "Coming off of the extraordinary project, Michael Jackson's This Is It, director Kenny Ortega has decided it is premature for him to commit to his next film and will not be moving forward with Footloose as previously reported."

Filming is scheduled to begin in March (10), with Chace Crawford and Julianne Hough set to play the lead roles.

More Celebrity News
 
comments powered by Disqus