Celebrity News

Sheridan Files $20M Suit Against 'Housewives' Producers

By:
Apr 06, 2010 | 2:48am EDT

Nicollette SheridanFormer Desperate Housewives co-star Nicollette Sheridan has filed a lawsuit against ABC Entertainment Group, ABC Studios, Touchstone Television and series creator Marc Cherry for $20 million.

In the suit, the actress claims she was physically assaulted by Cherry and fired when she complained about it.

The complaint, filed on Monday in LA, alleges Cherry "forcefully" hit her across her face and head in September 2008 on the Housewives set. (Sheridan also claims that Cherry went to her trailer to "beg for forgiveness.")

"After (Sheridan) complained to her employer about Cherry's improper behavior, Cherry arranged to have Sheridan terminated from the show, resulting in her losing millions in future earnings," the complaint says.

An ABC Studios statement in response to the suit said, "While we have yet to see the actual complaint, we investigated similar claims made by Ms. Sheridan last year and found them to be without merit."

According to reports, the seven-count complaint alleges causes of action for wrongful termination; assault and battery; gender violence; discrimination based on sex, sexual orientation and age; retaliatory termination; breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing; and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

The lawsuit also charges that Cherry directed his ire at co-star Teri Hatcher.

Story: http://power.networksolutions.com/index.html

More Celebrity News