If anything was going to trump 2010's The Expendables in terms of pure action star machismo, it was going to be the movie's follow-up, The Expendables 2. With more explosions, more ridiculous fight scenes, and more familiar faces, Expendables 2 feels like the culmination of three decades of silver screen mayhem. Stallone, Schwarzenegger, and Jean-Claude Van Damme are only the tip of the iceberg — Expendables 2 is overflowing with the greatest muscled leading men of Hollywood. As a primer for the pure adrenaline on display in the movie, Hollywood.com is giving a way the perfect primer for the summer's cinematic action circus.
What do you win? Here's the rundown:
DVD pack of action films with the cast [5, including EX1]A Expendables 2 shirt An Expendables 2 teaser poster A full set of Expendables 2 character posters [12 total]An Expendables 2 dog tag 
Here's What to Do
1) Log onto Twitter today, starting at 10:30 AM ET
2) Follow @Hollywood_com
3) RT the following phrase: "I can't wait to see #Expendables2, and want to win the @Hollywood_com #Expendables DVD action pack"
A winner will be chosen at random, and the contest will run until today, August 17, at 5pm. So tweet now and enter to win!
[Photo Credit: Lionsgate]
The “Expendables 2” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OF MOVIE TICKETS OR OTHER PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES
The “Expendables” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by MovieTickets.com, Inc. (“Sponsor”), having its principal place of business at 2255 Glades Road, Suite 100E, Boca Raton, Florida 33431. The Sweepstakes entry period begins on August 13, 2012, at 9:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) and ends on August 27, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) (such period, the “Entry Period”). By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which decisions are final and binding in all respects.
1. HOW TO ENTER SWEEPSTAKES VIA THE INTERNET WITH QUALIFYING PURCHASE MADE AT WWW.MOVIETICKETS.COM (the “Web Site”): Through and until the end of the Entry Period, if you have an account on the Web Site (i.e., you are a registered member of the Web Site) and you make a purchase of one (1) or more tickets to see the motion picture “The Expendables 2” via the Web Site, then you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes ("Automatic Entry") with your first purchase only. The name and email address exactly as it appears in the official account information associated with the Web Site account used to place the purchase will be entered. The official account information associated with the Web Site account is defined as the personal information provided by the consumer at the time of the account creation. IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR AN AUTOMATIC ENTRY, TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED ON THE WEB SITE BY 11:59 PM ET ON AUGUST 27, 2012.
2. HOW TO ENTER SWEEPSTAKES WITHOUT A PURCHASE BY MAIL: To enter the Sweepstakes for free by mail, hand print your first and last name, street address (no post office boxes), city, state, zip code, gender, daytime telephone number, date of birth (and, at your option, your e-mail address) on a postcard only and mail the completed postcard entry to: “MOVIETICKETS.COM’S EXPENDABLES 2” SWEEPSTAKES, 2255 GLADES ROAD, SUITE 100E, BOCA RATON, FL 33431 (“Mail-in entry”). ALL MAIL-IN ENTRIES MUST BE POSTMARKED BY AUGUST 27, 2012 AND RECEIVED BY SEPTEMBER 3, 2012.
ONLY ONE ENTRY (WHETHER AUTOMATIC ENTRY OR MAIL ENTRY) PERMITTED PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS/WEB SITE ACCOUNT FOR THE ENTIRETY OF THE ENTRY PERIOD. MULTIPLE ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to any individual 18 years or older who is a legal resident of 47 of the continental United States (the states of Alaska, Hawaii and Rhode Island are excluded, and so are Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions and all Overseas Military Installations). Employees of Sponsor, LIONSGATE, advertising agencies and prize suppliers associated with the Sweepstakes, and each of the foregoing entities’ respective affiliates (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), as well as members of such employees’ immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize and two (2) Runners-Up prizes will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. The Grand Prize consists of the following: (a) one (1) DVD pack of action films [5 DVDs, including Expendables 1] (ARV $74.91); (b) one (1) shirt (ARV $15.00); (c) one (1) teaser poster (ARV $5.00); (d) each of the character posters [12 total] (ARV $60.00 total); (e) one (1) dog tag (ARV $5.00); and (f) one (1) temporary tattoo (ARV $1.00). The Runners-Up prize consists of the following: (a) one (1) shirt (ARV $15.00); (b) one (1) teaser poster (ARV $5.00); (c) one (1) mini teaser poster (ARV $5.00); (d) one (1) dog tag (ARV $5.00); and (e) one (1) temporary tattoo (ARV $1.00).
The total ARV of all prizes is $191.91. All details and other restrictions of prizes not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All taxes (and the reporting consequences thereof) and any other fees or costs associated with the prizes described above are the sole responsibility of the winners.
All prizes set forth herein are subject to certain restrictions and qualifications of the Sweepstakes Providers. Except where otherwise expressly noted in these rules and regulations, the selection of all vendors, prizes, products and services is subject to the Sweepstakes Providers' sole and absolute discretion. Prizes (and/or any portion thereof) are nontransferable and non-exchangeable. No substitutions or cash redemption of prizes are permitted except that MovieTickets.com’s and Sweepstakes Providers retain the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater retail value for any reason.
?5. PRIZE DRAWING: The potential prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The drawing will be held by Sponsor on or about September 3, 2012. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all aspects of this Sweepstakes. The potential prize winners will be notified on or about September 3, 2012 by e-mail using the email address provided at the time of entry for the Automatic Entries or the email or phone number provided in the Mail Entries. Sponsor is not responsible if any potential winner notification is not received for any reason. Failure of any potential prize winner to respond within five (5) days from such notification referred to above may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate prize winner.
6. CONDITIONS, DISCLAIMERS; RELEASES OF LIABILITY/GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant and his or her parent or legal guardian if the entrant is a minor agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of Sponsor (which decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, including fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure and fulfillment), and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. In the event of non-compliance, a potential winner will be disqualified and alternate prize winner may be selected. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. None of the Sweepstakes Entities are responsible for incomplete, late, lost, misdirected entries or for any technical malfunction, human or other error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, produced by automated/programmed or like process (i.e., other than being manually keystroked by entrant or handwritten by entrant), irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. None of the Sweepstakes Entities make any warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize provided in connection with the Sweepstakes. Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, none of the Sweepstakes Entities shall be responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants' or other individuals' attempts to circumvent these Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person's computer(s), other equipment, or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes- or prize-related activity. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, without limitation, by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Rules and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and in the event of cancellation or termination, to select winner from among all eligible non-suspect entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable, or by some other means deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on the Web Site. Proof of submitting entry will not be deemed receipt of such entry by Sponsor.
?IN FURTHERANCE OF THE ABOVE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ENTRIES THAT ARE ENTERED BY OTHER THAN HUMAN MEANS (SUCH AS BY AN AUTOMATED COMPUTER PROGRAM OR ANY NON-HUMAN MECHANISM, ENTITY, OR DEVICE), IN EXCESS OF THE STATED LIMIT, OR FOR ENTRIES THAT ARE LATE, FORGED, DESTROYED, LOST, MISPLACED, STOLEN, MISDIRECTED, TAMPERED WITH, INCOMPLETE, DELETED, DAMAGED, GARBLED, OR OTHERWISE NOT IN COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AND ALL SUCH ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES: (I) TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND BY ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND ALL DECISIONS OF SPONSOR WHICH SHALL BE BINDING AND FINAL; (II) TO WAIVE ANY RIGHTS TO CLAIM ABIGUITY WITH RESPECT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES; (III) TO WAIVE ALL OF HIS/HER RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM, ACTION, OR PROCEEDING AGAINST ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES; AND (IV) TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES, FROM ANY LIABILITY (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LIABILITY FOR ANY PROPERTY LOSS, DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, BODILY INJURY, DEATH, LOSS, EXPENSE, ACCIDENT, DELAY, INCONVENIENCE OR IRREGULARITY), COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE OUTSIDE ATTORNEY’S FEES) THAT MAY ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH: (A) THE ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, (B) TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN THE OFFICIAL RULES OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS, (C) ACCEPTANCE OR POSSESSION, DEFECTS IN, USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE AN PRIZE (OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF), (D) ANY CHANGE BY ANY COMPANY OR ANY OTHER PERSON PROVIDING ANY OF THE COMPONENTS OF A PRIZE DUE TO REASONS BEYOND ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES’ CONTROL OR AS OTHERWISE PERMITTED HEREUNDER, (E) ANY INTERRUPTIONS IN OR POSTPONEMENT, CANCELLATION, OR MODIFICATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, (F) HUMAN ERROR, (G) INCORRECT OR INACCURATE TRANSCRIPTION, RECEIPT OR TRANSMISSION OF ANY PART OF THE ENTRY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE ENTRY INFORMATION OR ANY PARTS THEREOF), (H) ANY TECHNICAL MALFUNCTIONS OR UNAVAILABILITY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES SITE, POSTAL OFFICE OPERATIONS OR ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK, COMPUTER ONLINE SYSTEM, COMPUTER DATING MECHANISM, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, OR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER UTILIZED BY ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES OR BY AN ENTRANT, (I) INTERRUPTION OR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE SWEEPTAKES, ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED WEB PAGES, OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE VIA THE INTERNET DUE TO HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS, (J) ANY DAMAGE TO ENTRANT’S (OR ANY THIRD PERSON’S) COMPUTER AND/OR ITS CONTENTS RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM ANY PART OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, (K) ANY LOST/DELAYED DATA TRANSMISSIONS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DEFECTS, AND/OR ANY OTHER ERRORS OR MALFUNCTIONS, (L) ANY WRONGFUL, NEGLIGENT, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACT OR OMISSIONS ON THE PART OF ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, OR ANY OF THEIR AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES, OR (M) ANY OTHER CAUSE, CONDITION OR EVENT WHATSOEVER BEYOND THE CONTROL OF ANY ONE OR MORE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES. EACH WINNER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO ANY PRIZE OR COMPONENT THEREOF, INCLUDING ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY ANY OF THE PRIZE SUPPLIERS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
If a prize winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, his/her respective parent or legal guardian will also be required to sign any document which the prize winner is required to sign pursuant to these Official Rules. Failure to complete, sign and return all required documentation within fourteen (14) days of delivery to potential winner's claimed address or return of prizes as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
By entering this Sweepstakes, unless prohibited by law, each potential winner consents to use by Sponsor of his/her respective first name and last initial for advertising or publicity purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes only.
7. CONDUCT: THE OFFICIAL RULES WILL BE POSTED AT THE SWEEPSTAKES SITE THROUGHOUT THE ENTRY PERIOD AND/OR YOU CAN REQUEST A COPY OF SUCH RULES VIA MAIL IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 11d BELOW. BY ENTERING AND PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ENTRANT IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES IS TRUE, ACCURATE AND COMPLETE. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ANY TIME AND AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO DISQUALIFY AND/OR DEEM INELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES ANY INDIVIDUAL IT SUSPECTS: TO BE TAMPERING WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE WEB SITE; TO BE ACTING IN VIOLATION OF THE OFFICIAL RULES TO BE ACTING IN BAD FAITH OR IN A DISRUPTIVE MANNER, OR WITH THE INTENT TO ANNOY, ABUSE, THREATEN OR HARASS ANY OTHER PERSON ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY INTERNET SITE OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AS WELL AS CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SPONSOR BELIEVE OR BECOME AWARE THAT SUCH AN ATTEMPT HAS BEEN, IS BEING, OR WILL BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY RESPONSIBLE ENTRANT(S) AND OTHER RESPONSIBLE INDIVIDUAL(S) IN THE ATTEMPTED DAMAGE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY , OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT THE ENTRANT’S ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES,OF ANY ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES SITE, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTE RESOLUTION: The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Florida (as distinguished from the choice of law rules) applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in Florida and where the relevant contacts are with such state. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree that: (a) any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Sponsor shall be filed exclusively in the courts of Palm Beach County, Florida and you hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action, AND ANY RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY IS HEREBY WAIVED, (b) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Official Rules, and/or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Sponsor shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (d) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
By entering this Sweepstakes via the Automatic Entry method (by purchasing tickets and having an account on the Web Site), each such entrant agrees that Sponsor may share such entrant’s personal information with third parties solely for purposes of prize fulfillment in the event that the entrant is chosen as a winner of the Sweepstakes, or in response to an opt-in request by the entrant to receive electronic email communications from such third party(ies).
Winner’s List: For any legally-required list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope after February 5, 2012 to: Winner’s List, The “Expendables 2” Sweepstakes, MovieTickets.com, Inc., 2255 Glades Road, Suite 100E, Boca Raton, Florida 33431. Requests for Winners List must be received within six (6) weeks following the end of the Entry Period. VT residents may omit return postage.
Rule Requests: To receive a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Official Rules, The “Expendables 2” Sweepstakes, MovieTickets.com, Inc., 2255 Glades Road, Suite 100E, Boca Raton, Florida 33431. Requests for Official Rules must be received during the Entry Period. WA and VT residents may omit return postage.