Movie News

Studio Fire Was an Accident

By:
Jun 03, 2008 | 4:43am EDT

A fire that ripped through the heart of Universal Studios in Hollywood on Sunday was an accident, fire chiefs have ruled.

Los Angeles County Fire Chief P. Michael Freeman says the blaze was accidentally sparked by workers using heating tools on a film set.

The fire destroyed a King Kong exhibit and the set from the Back to the Future movies.

It's the second blaze at Universal Studios in 18 years. The last one, in 1990, was started by a security guard and caused $25 million worth of damage.

COPYRIGHT 2008 WORLD ENTERTAINMENT NEWS NETWORK LTD. All Global Rights Reserved.

More Movie News
 
comments powered by Disqus