Comedian Conan O'Brien might have been the host at this year's White House Correspondents Dinner, but it was President Obama who was the one entertaining the crowd. In a room full of Hollywood's biggest names (Steven Spielberg, Connie Britton, Julie Bowen, Katy Perry, Kevin Spacey, Claire Danes), the Leader of the Free World had some of the night's longest laughs. Starting with his entrance to the tune of DJ Khaled's "All I Do Is Win" and including his part in a Spielberg Lincoln-like spoof. Though both speakers ended their speeches with a mention of the tragedy in Boston.
And despite opening for the two-time host — whose last time entertaining this crowd was in 1995 — Obama was clearly the night's political prom king.
Check out the night's 1o best zingers...
10. CONAN: "Of course, probably the biggest story that people in this room covered this year was the Republican failure to recapture the White House. Hard to believe the Republicans didn't fare better in the election with the support of celebrities like Ted Nugent and Meatloaf. I guess they overestimated the number of voters who still drive carpeted vans."
9. CONAN: "By the way, I have a question. And I think some of you also have this question. It's been several months since you were reelected sir, so I'm curious, why are you still sending everyone five emails a day asking for more money? You won! Do you have a gambling problem we don't know about?"
8. CONAN: "Now I've made some jokes about the president this evening, and I'm looking forward to my audit."
7. CONAN: "Yes, all the Washington news media are here tonight, including the stars of online journalism. I see the Huffington Post has a table. Yay! Which has me wondering, who is covering Miley Cyrus' latest nip slip?"
6. CONAN: "This year you have taken it to new heights. I have to congratulate you. New heights, because you have some of the guys from Duck Dynasty here. Which can only mean one thing — the guys from Storage Wars said no."
5. CONAN: "The demographics of this country have been rapidly changing over the past two decades and I look forward to hosting this event 18 years from now. Then my opening line will be 'Buenos noches …. president e Mario Lopez."
4. OBAMA: "Some things are beyond my control. For example, this whole Jay-Z going to Cuba. It's unbelievable. I've got 99 problems and now Jay-Z is one."
3. OBAMA: "I understand that when the Correspondents Association was considering Conan for this gig they were faced with that age ol' dilemma: do you offer it to him now or wait for five years and then give it to Jimmy Fallon?"
2. CONAN: "Now right away I would like to formally congratulate the president on his re-election, congratulations. As you all know the president is hard at work creating new jobs. Since he was first elected the number of popes has doubled. And the number of Tonight Show hosts have tripled. Congratulations!"
1. CONAN: "It's been said recently that you don't mess with Boston. As someone who grew up there, I'd like to echo that sentiment. It's really pretty simple: if you're going to pick on a city, don't choose one where 9 out of 10 people are related to a cop."
Follow Lisa on Twitter @LisaCostantini