Kim Kardashian's half-sisters Kendall and Kylie Jenner are set to sign a lucrative deal with British clothing brand Topshop, according to a U.K. report. The reality TV stars are reportedly in advanced talks with Topshop boss Sir Philip Green about a $3.2 million (£2 million) deal to design their own clothing collection to launch in stores this summer (15).
A source tells British newspaper The Sun, "Kendall and Kylie have become hugely influential in the fashion world, so it's no wonder Topshop wants to work with them. They have a massive fanbase of young girls and a reach of tens of millions on social media... Talks are ongoing but the family are really keen to work with Topshop, who will give the brand a huge push this summer."
If the sisters sign the deal, they will follow in the footsteps of supermodel Kate Moss, who designs a hugely successful range for the chain.
Former The Runaways bandmates Joan Jett, Cherie Currie and Lita Ford have added their tributes to those pouring in for late producer/hitmaker Kim Fowley, who lost his battle with cancer on Thursday (15Jan15). The three girls had a rocky relationship with their enigmatic manager and dumped him in 1977, but it appears time has healed old wounds and the rockers are now sharing fond memories of their former svengali.
In a Facebook post, Ford writes, "My first manager, my first start in the music industry, my first band put together by Kim. Sometimes I wonder if there would ever have been a Lita Ford without Kim Fowley. Rest in peace, Kim."
Currie adds, "I am so blessed that I had the chance to know you again Kim... really get to know you on a personal level and that we became friends. Mostly that you spent time here at my home. It's a time I will never forget.
"Thank you for starting my career when I was just a child. You were instrumental in so many getting started in this crazy world of music. You are a genius."
And Jett simply called the late Fowley "a friend" who "taught me so much", adding, "I am very sad."
Last week, Betty White won Favorite TV Icon at the People's Choice Awards. As if she needed an award to tell her that the whole world worships her. After this confirmation of how incredible she is (and has been since 1922), we immediately began to wonder how we could live a life as awesome as hers. Come on, girl was escorted by Captain America himself to the stage to receive the award.
So, how does she do it?
1. Find a hobby that makes you happy.
2. Prepare nutritious and delicious meals.
3. Always be prepared.
4. Maintain your privacy.
5. Always put your friends first.
6. But don't forget that people kind of suck.
7. Don't take flak from anyone.
8. Never be intimidated by younger generations.
9. In fact, let the youngsters know you can do it better.
10. Find excitement in everything.
11. Make the most of your mistakes.
12. Know that things always get better.
13. Never say "no."
14. And never give up.
15. Love yourself.
16. Demand respect.
17. Stay relevant.
18. Have fun.
19. Drink wine.
20. Most importantly, don't let things get to you.
Cheers to you, Betty. We love you.
Were you paying attention to the big screen and all the Hollywood happenings in 2014? We thought we'd kick off the New Year with a quick look back over the last 12 months of WENN movie news and pose a few questions to one and all that might just help you recall some magical moments at the cinema, or some hot gossip from the year just gone.
The prize for the winner? Bragging rights and a front row seat to the 2015 Oscars in your own living room! Best of luck!
1. The Fault in Our Stars was based on a book written by which author?
a. John Green
b. John White
c. James Green
d. James Brown
2. What song did not feature on the soundtrack to Guardians of the Galaxy?
a. I'm Not in Love
b. Mama Told Me Not to Come
c. Spirit in the Sky
d. Hooked on a Feeling
3. From which hit animated movie did the catchy tune Everything is Awesome come?
a. Muppets Most Wanted
b. The Lego Movie
c. How to Train Your Dragon 2
d. Mr Peabody and Sherman
4. Game of Thrones star Kit Harington starred in which epic disaster film based on true events?
b. 300: Rise of an Empire
5. The son of which longtime Hollywood couple starred alongside Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill in 22 Jump Street?
a. Colin Hanks, son of Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson
b. Oliver Hudson, son of Bill Hudson and Goldie Hawn
c. Jaden Smith, son of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith
d. Wyatt Russell, son of Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
6. Which of the following was not a cast member in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes?
a. Andy Serkis
b. James Franco
c. Jason Clarke
d. Gary Oldman
7. Get On Up was a biopic based on the life of which legendary musician?
a. James Brown
b. Stevie Wonder
c. George Clinton
d. Smokey Robinson
8. Which Hollywood veteran portrayed the family matriarch in This Is Where I Leave You?
a. Anjelica Huston
b. Jane Fonda
c. Bette Midler
d. Dame Judi Dench
9. Which musical did The Amazing Spider-Man star Emma Stone make her Broadway debut in?
d. Les Miserables
10. Which one of these celebrities was NOT part of Ellen DeGeneres' famous 'selfie' taken during the 2014 Academy Awards?
a. Channing Tatum
b. Kevin Spacey
c. Matthew McConaughey
d. Jared Leto
11. Which actress celebrated her one-year wedding anniversary to her tennis pro husband on New Year's Eve?
a. Ashley Tisdale
b. Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting
c. Naya Rivera
d. Ginnifer Goodwin
12. Who will play the villain in the next James Bond movie?
a. Quentin Tarantino
b. Mark Strong
c. Christoph Waltz
d. Bryan Cranston
13. Which country do the two actors who played Solomon Northup in 12 Years a Slave and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in Selma come from?
14. Who rang in 2014 with Charlize Theron and has since become her boyfriend?
a. Sean Penn
b. Chris Pratt
c. Mark Wahlberg
d. Joaquin Phoenix
15. Name new mum Scarlett Johansson's daughter.
16. Which famous Jessica played Matthew McConaughey's grown-up daughter in Interstellar?
a. Jessica Alba
b. Jessica Biel
c. Jessica Chastain
d. Jessica Lange
17. Which Brit picked up the Best Actor prize at the Cannes Film Festival in May for his portrayal of grumpy artist J.W. Turner?
a. Colin Firth
b. Timothy Spall
c. Ray Winstone
d. Alan Rickman
18. What was the highest grossing movie of 2014?
a. Transformers: Age of Extinction
b. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1
c. Guardians of the Galaxy
d. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
19. Which awards season favourite was filmed over 12 years?
20. In what film did Jennifer Lawrence debut her singing voice, scoring a chart hit all around the world?
a. Silver Linings Playbook
b. American Hustle
c. X-Men: Days of Future Past
d. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1
21. What is the bestselling music soundtrack on iTunes this year?
c. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1
d. Guardians of the Galaxy
22. He ended 2014 a newlywed with a hit movie, called The Theory of Everything. Name the British actor who married fiancee Hannah Bagshawe in England on 15 December.
a. Benedict Cumberbatch
b. Timothy Spall
c. Eddie Redmayne
d. Colin Firth
23. Why did model-turned-actress Milla Jovovich announce she was putting the next film in her Resident Evil franchise on hold in August?
a. Script problems
b. Financial issues
c. Her director husband Paul W.S. Anderson had abandoned the movie
d. She was pregnant
24. In 2014, this actor played Moses and became a new dad. Name him.
a. Joel Edgerton
b. Chris Pratt
c. Christian Bale
d. Mark Wahlberg
25. Another new dad, Chris Hemsworth, was named People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive in 2014, but who's the lucky actress, the mother of his kids, who gets to cuddle up to him every night?
a. Eva Mendes
b. Elsa Pataky
c. Scarlett Johansson
d. Jessica Alba
Scottish duo The Proclaimers are urging fans to buy their charity song over Bob Geldof's latest Band Aid single. The I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) hitmakers teamed up with an array of stars including Madness frontman Graham 'Suggs' McPherson and former The Clash star Mick Jones to re-record The Farm's hit All Together Now.
The project marks the 100th anniversary of the historic Christmas Day truce between British and German troops during World War One, and all money raised will go towards the Red Cross.
When the record is released on Sunday (14Dec14), it will do battle in the festive rundown with Bob Geldof's Ebola charity project and the new The X Factor winner's upcoming release, but Proclaimers star Charlie Reid is adamant his record is "more important" than its rivals.
He tells Scotland's Daily Record newspaper, "The X Factor single is the traditional non-charity record. This is a better choice for the spirit of Christmas. It represents something bigger than somebody's career. It represents something of massive cultural importance that we are still feeling now... Band Aid have done a lot of good work but this one is more important because of what it represents.
"I don't slag of Geldof. I think he has done a lot more good than harm. But I think when you look at it, you wonder whether some things have their day... Some things feel right at one time but don't feel right later... That's not to diminish what he has done but some things have their day and should be put to bed... Africa has changed greatly since the first Band Aid and I find it odd that there are no Africans involved, put it that way."
It's December, so many lists and awards are coming out to celebrate the best of the best in entertainment for 2014. TIME just released their list of the top 15 most influential fictional characters of this year and some of them may surprise you. Although they give the reason behind each pick, we thought we would give you how we were influenced because they aren't always the same.
15. Hello Kitty
How she influenced others: The cartoon character went viral for being outted as not a cat, but human girl who lives in London with her family. Wuhhhhh?
How she influenced us: We still buy Hello Kitty everything!
14. Tracy McConnell on How I Met Your Mother
How she influenced others: Fans went crazy for finally finding out who this mysterious character is. There were headlines everywhere covering the last season and a lot of discussion about the ending.
How she influenced us: WARNING, SPOILER! She proved to us just how messed up TV can be because this whole time we watch to find this big love story and it ends with her just being a vessel for Ted (Josh Radnor) to have his kids (because we all know Robin (Cobie Smuders) wouldn't do that). Then she conveniently dies so Robin, who is now the aunt of their kids, can step back in his love life. Gross!
13. Amy Dune from Gone Girl
How she influenced others: This complicated character made waves by creating a discussion about dark, female characters.
How she influenced us: We didn't read the book, so our minds EXPLODED leaving the theater.
12. Mr. Poo
How he influenced others: Public deification is a big problem in India so Mr. Poo was created to nip that problem in the bud. Thanks to him, one million people pledged to find a toilet to poo.
How he influenced us: THIS IS US NEVER HEARING ABOUT THIS BEFORE!
11. Rust Cohle from True Detective
How he influenced others: After the detective mentioned the book, The King in Yellow, people began buying it like crazy on Amazon.
How he influenced us: We're guilty, we got the book, and it was the first time in a long time that we've read.
10. Female Thor
How she influenced others: When Marvel released the news that Thor was being relaunched as a woman it made huge rounds on the internet and started many discussions about women in the comic book world.
How she influenced us: We couldn't wait. We already needed to cosplay as her!
9. Annalise from How To Get Away With Murder
How she influenced others: A New York Times TV critic deduced Shonda Rhimes' new character as an "angry black woman." Shonda Rhimes responded to the disgusting accusation.
How she influenced us: She had us glued to the television every week trying to dissect her great big plan.
8. Hatsune Miku, a computer-generated Japanese singer
How she influenced others: The computer sensation made it to America thanks to performing at Madison Square Garden on Lady Gaga's tour and then performing on The Late Show With David Letterman.
How she influenced us: We broke our necks so hard looking at Hatsune perform for the first time. What is HAPPENING?!
7. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games franchise.
How she influenced others: She isn't just hot girl kicking butt to some people. In Thailand and Hong Kong this fictional character actually inspired pro-democracy protestors to stand up for their own rights in their countries. Very awesome!
How she influenced us: So wait...Katniss doesn't fight in Mockingjay? And is a politician now?
6. Maura Pfefferman from Transparent
How she influenced others: Maura has made headlines for being the first transgender character lead to a TV show.
How she influenced us: We cheered because we love seeing progress in entertainment!
5. King Joffrey from Game of Thrones
How he influenced others: TIME gives credit to this character as the reason the hit show has made it to 18.4 million viewers each week. We buy it.
How he influenced us: When Joffrey finally gets what coming to him, we couldn't help but dance.
4. Stephen Colbert from The Colbert Report
How he influenced others: The satire host stepped on a few toes making a joke about the Washington Redskins leading to a lot of backlash on Twitter. He also made the huge announcement that he's leaving his show to take over The Late Show.
How he influenced us: Our eyes might have fogged up at the thought of losing Colbert Report.
3. Star-Lord from Guardians of The Galaxy
How he influenced others: Not only was the movie a big hit, but so was the soundtrack, which made it to the top of Billboard 200.
How he influenced us: We admittedly became hipsters and had to get the soundtrack on tape.
2. Kim Kardashian from Kim Kardashian Hollywood
How she influenced others: The reality star made over $200 million off of her mobile game. So basically everyone has been downloading and most likely spending real money to buy things in the game.
How she influenced us: We might have caved in and downloaded it out of curiosity. We hate ourselves for it.
1. Elsa from Frozen
How she influenced others: Frozen has been everywhere since it released and Elsa's hit "Let It Go" rightfully earned an Oscar. The fictional character was so good, that it was immediately on Once Upon A Time, which bumped up their ratings.
How she influenced us: We have a new favorite karaoke jam!
How did these 15 characters influence you this year? Tell us your answers by tweeting the Twitter handles below!
Taylor Swift gets a lot of clack about her emotional lyrics about her exes. The critics always wonder what she's really like to have such tumultuous relationships with. Maybe her love life is entirely different, but we can't help but notice that people love her. In fact, her personality has landed her several public friendships with celebrities and millions upon millions of fans. Maybe you don't want to date her, but you must admit: it'd be pretty cool to be her BFF.
1. She admits her obsession with the multi-talented, Lena Dunham.
Everybody stalks their best friends, right? And then films them while they're dancing to a song about themselves.
2. For musical friends, making a song together is the only natural solution.
"Everything Has Changed" is proof that friend-collaboration's are AMAZING.
3 She jams with them backstage.
While Diana Argon hides behind them unamused.
4. She gets all the girls together for a photo at the Knicks' game.
Kate Upton and Amanda Seyfried were on dates with their boyfriends, but she made sure to get everyone together for a photo with her and her best friend, Britany Maack.
5. She lets loose and dances with pals like she's the biggest fan at the concert.
Sometimes with Karlie Kloss...
6. She does this a lot.
Other times, with Lorde.
7. This support circle of hugs and kisses was pretty much the cutest thing ever.
Selena Gomez knows she can count on Taylor after an emotional performance.
8. She supports JT by freaking out with him as he won his AMA.
When she's not winning, she's even more enthusiastic about the other winners.
9. She posted the sweetest Instagram in honor of Selena Gomez's performance of "The Heart Wants What It Wants".
The caption said "the rest of the world was black and white, but we were screaming in color.""
10. She compliments her model pal's, Lily Aldridge, abs on her social media.
She called this one her snuggling up to "Lily's rock hard abs."
11. She makes up cool handshakes with her other model friend.
Cara Delivigne and Taylor debuted it at last year's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.
12. And now she's giving us a chance to be her friend!
Celebrities aren't the only ones who get to be her friends. She Instagrammed this photo saying "I want to meet as many of you as I can" and put codes into her CD's so that 500 lucky people get the chance to meet her backstage.
Acting veteran Meryl Streep was left red-faced during a ceremony at the White House on Monday (24Nov14) when U.S. President Barack Obama professed his love for her. The Oscar winner was at the iconic building in Washington, D.C. to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, along with other honourees including music legend Stevie Wonder, veteran newsman Tom Brokaw, and actress Marlo Thomas.
Obama hung the medal around her neck, and in his speech, he told the world about his passion for the actress, saying, "I love Meryl Streep. I love her. Her husband knows I love her, (First Lady) Michelle knows I love her. There's nothing nothing either of them can do about it... She is truly one of America's leading ladies."
The U.S. leader also praised Wonder and revealed the singer's 1972 album Talking Book was the first record he ever bought, adding, "What really defines Stevie's music is the warmth and humanity that resonates in every note."
Composer Stephen Sondheim was also due to receive the award, but was unable to attend the ceremony and will now be presented with the medal next year (15). The news comes after Sondheim, 84, skipped an appearance at the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers' (ASCAP) Centennial Awards in New York City on 17 November (14) due to illness.
Have you ever been a particular mood that you can watch only one movie to relieve it? We've certainly been there.
1. When you feel like your life is just really tough:
Watch: The Hunger Games. Feeling better about your life yet?
2. When you really wish you had a long-lost twin:
GIPHY/Buena Vista Pictures
Watch: The Parent Trap (1998).
3. If you really feel like you need some time to think:
Watch: Atonement. How did that extra time work for you?
4. When you're in love with someone and secretly plan a life together:
GIPHY/Buena Vista Pictures
Watch: While You Were Sleeping. Maybe you embellished your life with them while they're in a coma, but we wont judge.
5. When you wish wish you were an elf but you're just a human:
GIPHY/New Line Cinema
Watch: Elf. You cotton-headed-ninny-muggins you!
6. When you really just wish you were a human, but your dad (the King) says no:
GIPHY/Walt Disney Pictures
Watch: The Little Mermaid. But you're not going to listen to him, are you?
7. When you wish you could marry a rich man, but he thinks you're rich too (and you're really not):
Watch: Maid In Manhattan. Bonus points if you have an adorable child.
8. Or, alternatively you want to marry a guy but you're his wedding planner:
Watch: The Wedding Planner.
9. If you ever get the strong urge to move to Washington:
Watch: Twilight. Don't do it. Vampires.
10. When you think your life turned out terribly and accidentally travel back in time:
GIPHY/New Line Cinema
Watch: 17 Again. But, in what world does Zac Efron turn into Matthew Perry? Yikes.
11. When you're trying to prove to someone you're able to handle big responsibilities:
Watch: Big Daddy. Kids aren't that hard, right?
12. When you wonder what it would be like to have fulfilled your childhood dream of hanging out with animals:
Watch: Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. A grown up that saves animals? All our childhood dreams come true!
13. If you ever feel like your family is so crazy and no one understands you:
GIPHY/ The Weinstein Company
Watch: August Osage County. Your family is probably pretty normal, now that you think about it.
14. When you're curious about what your toys do when you're not home:
Watch: Toy Story. Do they just lay there all day or...?
15. When you messed up at your job and are inches from being fired, so you decide you need to pull a huge stunt to save yourself:
Watch: White Chicks. Cause what says "I want to keep my job" better than dressing up as two spoiled white girls?
16. When you really feel like you just need some time to yourself:
GIPHY/Warner Bros. Pictures
Watch: I Am Legend. Missing your "crazy" family yet?
17. When all of your friends are getting engaged this Christmas:
GIPHY/20th Century Fox
Watch: 27 Dresses. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
Music veterans Stevie Wonder and Billy Joel were among the artists honoured for their career achievements at a once in a lifetime awards show in New York City on Monday (17Nov14). The singers were both honoured by the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) at the organisation's Centennial Awards, which are handed out to accomplished artists once every 100 years.
During the ceremony marking ASCAP's 100th anniversary, Joel was the first to pick up a prize and he told the audience, "It's been an amazing year for me... I'm overwhelmed."
Joel was then honoured by veteran rocker Sting, who performed a version of Joel's song Big Man on Mulberry Street, before the Piano Man himself took to the stage to sing New York State of Mind.
Wonder was handed his prize following a tribute performance by India.Arie, and he told the crowd, "Even before I wanted to be a singer, I wanted to be a songwriter. Let us continue to write, continue to encourage and inspire. Without us writing, the world will lose its magic."
Country star Garth Brooks was also honoured at the ceremony, and he was presented with his award by his singer wife Tricia Yearwood, who performed her husband's hit If Tomorrow Never Comes.
Emmylou Harris was on hand to fete folk star Joan Baez, but the night's other honouree, veteran composer Stephen Sondheim, was absent from the gala at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel due to illness.
Actress/singer Bernadette Peters marked Sondheim's achievements by singing Children Will Listen from his musical Into the Woods.