Newlywed Angelina Jolie has debuted photos of her surprise nuptials to Brad Pitt, revealing she wore a designer wedding gown featuring artwork by their six children. The Hollywood couple tied the knot during an intimate, secret ceremony at its Chateau Miraval estate in Correns, France on 23 August (14), and made the event a family affair.
In the first images of the ceremony, released to America's People magazine, the Tomb Raider beauty is shown wearing a flowing Atelier Versace wedding gown, designed by the brand's master tailor Luigi Massi.
And Massi helped created a special accessory for Jolie, as her veil was covered with colourful drawings by their kids Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, and twins Vivienne and Knox.
Gushing about Massi's work to the publication, she says, "Luigi is like family to me and I couldn't imagine anyone else making this dress. He knows and cares for the children and it was great fun putting it together."
As for Pitt, he decided to wear a suit from his closet, complete with a tie borrowed from one of his sons, since the actor forgot to pack his own.
The kids were also involved in the ceremony, with Maddox and Pax walking Jolie down the aisle, Shiloh and Knox serving as ring bearers, and Zahara and Vivienne playing the roles of flower girls.
Jolie and Pitt add, "It was important to us that the day was relaxed and full of laughter. It was such a special day to share with our children and a very happy time for our family."
Another picture features the entire Jolie-Pitt clan sitting on steps at the estate as they pose in the formal wear for a family portrait, while a photo published in Hello! Magazine shows the couple's first kiss, as the two happily lock lips after exchanging vows.
Jolie and Pitt began dating in 2005 after meeting on the set of Mr. & Mrs. Smith and became engaged in 2012.
It is Pitt's second marriage following his divorce from actress Jennifer Aniston in 2005. Jolie was previously wed to actors Jonny Lee Miller and Billy Bob Thornton.
Revered Spanish fashion designer Manuel Pertegaz has died at the age of 96. The couturier, who once turned down the chance to head up Christian Dior's House of Dior label, passed away early on Saturday (30Aug14) in Barcelona.
Pertegaz began honing his design skills as a teenager after working at a tailor's store, and rose to fame outfitting Hollywood actresses such as Ava Gardner, Audrey Hepburn and Paulette Goddard, and former U.S. First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy.
He also famously designed Queen Letizia of Spain's wedding dress for her 2004 marriage to Felipe VI, who was crowned king following his father Juan Carlos I's abdication in June (14).
Country star Carrie Underwood is set to become a first-time mum.
The Before He Cheats hitmaker, who is married to ice hockey player Mike Fisher, took to her Instagram.com account on America's Labor Day holiday on Monday (01Sep14) to share the exciting news with her followers.
She posted a photo of herself with her two dogs, sporting shirts revealing they are going to become a "big brother" and "big sister", and in the accompanying caption, she wrote, "In honor of 'Labor' Day, Ace & Penny would like to make an announcement. Their parents couldn't be happier..."
Underwood and Fisher wed in 2010.
Britney Spears acknowledged her now-ex-boyfriend David Lucado's infidelity by slyly joking about the break-up during her Las Vegas concert on Sunday (31Aug14). The Toxic hitmaker revealed she is single again last week (28Aug14), amid rumours suggesting her former beau had been caught on camera dancing and locking lips with a new lady.
And, during her Piece Of Me residency show at Planet Hollywood, Spears appeared to be ready to move on from Lucado as she openly addressed the scandal.
She told the crowd, "Well, by now everyone knows my boyfriend cheated on me. But the best part of breaking up is going on first dates.
"Oh my God, oh my God, I need a hot guy. Where are the hot guys here tonight?"
Spears scanned the audience for a volunteer to come up on stage and she surprised fans by choosing celebrity blogger Perez Hilton from the crowd.
While singing her track Freakshow, a leash was tied around his neck and Spears led him around on all fours like a dog - a stunt she has previously performed with celebrity guests including Lance Bass and Nicole Richie.
Spears began dating Lucado early last year (13), following the breakdown of her engagement to agent Jason Trawick.
Warner Bros via Everett Collection
Controversial British comedian Ricky Gervais found himself under attack on Monday (01Sep14) after cracking a joke about the headline-grabbing celebrity nude photo leak on Twitter.com.
The privacy of actresses including Jennifer Lawrence and Mary Elizabeth Winstead and model Kate Upton were violated on Sunday (31Aug14) after intimate snaps of the stars surfaced online, with the mystery hacker responsible for the leak claiming to be in possession of similar pictures of more than 100 famous females. FBI agents have been called in to investigate the leak, while lawyers for both Lawrence and Upton have threatened to prosecute anyone who posts the stolen snaps on the Internet.
Gervais offered up his thoughts about the Hollywood scandal in a post on Twitter on Monday, writing, "Celebrities, make it harder for hackers to get nude pics of you from your computer by not putting nude pics of yourself on your computer."
However, his attempt to make light of the situation only angered followers, with many taking aim at Gervais for appearing to blame the victims for the leak. The offensive post has since been deleted, but Gervais fired back at his detractors by making it clear he was not condoning the hacking.
In a series of follow-up tweets, he wrote, "Making a joke about a thing doesn't mean you condone that thing... "Of course the hackers are 100 (per cent) to blame but you can still makes (sic) jokes about it. Jokes don't portray your true serious feelings on a subject..." Attempting to draw a line under the controversy, he then concluded with the message, "Make jokes, not war."
Meanwhile, Harry Potter star Emma Watson and actress Patricia Arquette have followed in Lena Dunham's footsteps by condemning the hacker online and urging fans not to view the stolen snaps.
Taking to her Twitter blog, Watson writes, "Even worse than seeing women's privacy violated on social media is reading the accompanying comments that show such a lack of empathy", and Arquette adds, "Every time someone opens a stolen intimate nude photo of anyone. They are becoming a sexual molester. Participating in a group molestation. Please explain why it is alright to look at someones private stolen intimate images (sic)?"
Reality TV star-turned-fashion designer Lauren Conrad celebrated her final days as a single lady at a bridal shower at her Los Angeles home this weekend (30-31Aug14).
The former The Hills star is preparing to wed law student graduate William Tell and she followed up her bachelorette party in Mexico in June (14) with another intimate gathering over America's Labor Day holiday weekend as she counts down to her big day.
She shared a series of snaps from the party with fans on Instagram.com, including an image of a napkin printed with the words, "Almost Mrs. Tell", and wrote, "Thank you to my amazing friends and family for the best shower ever!"
The couple announced its engagement last October (13).
Kanye West has urged comedian Jay Pharoah not to make light of his hard work after confronting the funnyman over his spoof of the rapper at the recent MTV Video Music Awards.
The Stronger hitmaker was one of a number of celebrity impressions Pharoah showed off at the Los Angeles prizegiving last month (Aug14), but while West's new wife Kim Kardashian smiled through the skit from the audience, the hip-hop star has since made it known he did not appreciate being the topic of the Saturday Night Live regular's stand-up routine.
During his performance at the Made In America festival in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on Saturday (30Aug14), West told the crowd he had phoned Pharoah after the 24 August (14) ceremony to explain why he was a little upset, and he claims the comedian took note. He said, "I called Jay Pharoah right after the MTV awards. I said, 'I appreciate your show, but let me tell you about my story. Let me tell you about what I went through to get to that position...' So we ain't gonna have no black comedians going onstage spoofing the people that's working hard, and helping the next man out (sic)."
Getty Images/Slaven Vlasic
Comedian Tracy Morgan will have to wait another four weeks before doctors can assess any longterm damage to his cognitive health following his horrific car crash in June (14).
The former 30 Rock star was hospitalised with a broken leg, nose and several ribs after the limousine he was travelling in was hit by a Wal-Mart truck, killing his good friend James 'Jimmy Mack' McNair and leaving Morgan and two other passengers in a critical condition.
He was released from a rehabilitation facility in July (14) and has continued to undergo physiotherapy sessions at his New Jersey home, but the actor's attorney, Benedict P. Morelli, reveals Morgan, who is relying on a wheelchair to get around, still faces a long road to recovery both physically and in terms of his mental abilities and processes.
Morelli tells New Jersey's The Star-Ledger, "He's really having a tough time. He's making incremental progress. But they'll have to wait another month before they assess him cognitively." Morelli's comments come three weeks after he publicly dismissed reports suggesting Morgan is "doing great", insisting the statement was far from accurate.
Morgan is currently suing Wal-Mart store executives for negligence amid allegations driver Kevin Roper's bosses should have known he had been awake for more than 24 hours at the time of the crash. Roper has pleaded not guilty to charges of vehicular homicide and assault by auto.
Officials in Morocco are closing down a major highway for two weeks so Tom Cruise can shoot daring stunts for his next Mission: Impossible movie at the location. The Top Gun star is currently filming the fifth installment in the action franchise, and last month (Aug14) he was snapped shooting a hair-raising sequence on top of the Vienna Opera House in Austria.
Now it has emerged the shoot is moving to the African nation of Morocco, where civic leaders have agreed to shut a main road between the major city of Casablanca and popular tourist resort Agadir to accommodate the film crews.
Officials at the Moroccan National Highway Company will close down the stretch of road for two weeks this month (Sep14), according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Filming is also due to take place in other Moroccan cities including Marrakesh and Rabat.
For all of my fellow witches and wizards, today is September 1st and you know what that means! For all you Muggles (non-magic folk) who don’t know what I’m talking about, September 1st marks the first day at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Unlike you Muggles, we love the first day of school, because Hogwarts is the greatest learning institution on the planet.
1. At Hogwarts, the school year always begins on September 1st.
2. Students can board the Hogwarts Express at King’s Cross Station, on Platform 9 ¾. The train to Hogwarts leaves promptly at 11 A.M. Don't be late!
3. After getting off at the Hogsemeade Station, first year students board boats on the Great Lake, while the older students ride in Thestral-drawn carriages to Hogwarts.
4. After all the older students have arrived, the first-years are brought into the Great Hall and the Sorting Ceremony is held. This is when the Sorting Hat decides which of the four houses the student belongs in.
5. Hogwarts was founded in 990 A.D by two witches and two wizards.
6. The four founders of Hogwarts were: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin.
7. It was decided that there would be four separate houses at the school to sort the students, based on the different personalities these founding members had.
8. After a dispute over who would be allowed into the school, Slytherin left because the others would not agree to only admit pure-blood students.
9. Before leaving, Slythin built the Chamber of Secrets, unbeknownst to the others, which was home to his murderous Basilisk until the year 1993!
10. 300 years after the school was founded, the first Triwizard Tournament was held. It is a competition between the three most prestigious schools in Europe: Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, and Durmstrang. It was meant to be a way for students of different nationalities to compete and socialize with one another.
11. In 1792, when a Cockatrice went loose during one of the Triwizard Tournament tasks, the heads of the three schools (Hogwarts included) were all injured by the deadly creature.
12. The ceiling in the Great Hall has been bewitched to reflect the sky outside it, which is why you can see the stars while inside the room.
13. It is not possible to apparate or disapparate into, or from within, Hogwarts. Unless you are Albus Dumbledore, that is.
14. Muggles cannot see Hogwarts (probably why you Muggles have never heard of it). If a Muggle were to stumble upon the area, they will see a ruin with a sign saying: “DANGER, DO NOT ENTER, UNSAFE.”
15. Muggle technologies, like cell phones and laptops, are rendered useless when on the grounds of Hogwarts. No cell phone reception for miles! And definitely no WiFi.
16. If a boy tries to enter the girls’ dormitories, the stairs will immediately turn into a slide. So, no sneaking around after hours!
17. During feasts, food appears by magic, but as we all know thanks to the Principal Exceptions to Gamp’s Law of Elemental Transfiguration, food cannot appear out of thin air. It is the work of the Hogwarts’ house elves. They work tirelessly in the kitchens to prepare meals for the entire school.
18. The house elves were first brought to Hogwarts by Helga Hufflepuff (true to her Hufflepuff nature), she wanted to offer them refuge and a place where they would not be abused.
19. Students need to be careful on the stairs, they’re always changing. By the Gryffindor Tower, there is a false step that Neville Longbottom has gotten stuck in a few times.
20. Hogwarts is home to the Room of Requirement, a secret room on the 7th floor that only appears when a person is in great need of it.
21. You can access the “Shrieking Shack” through a hidden entrance at the Whomping Willow, a tree on the Hogwarts grounds. But it's not an easy way to get inside.
22. The Whomping Willow has not always been on school grounds. It was put in when Remus Lupin started at Hogwarts, at the insistence of Albus Dumbledore, as a place for him to go during every full moon.
23. Hogwarts’ motto is: “Draco dormiens nunquam titllandu.” The translation is: “Never tickle a sleeping dragon.”
24. At Hogwarts, there is a Frog Choir that will perform at special occasions.
25. Peeves, a character you’ve never seen in the films, is a poltergeist that has lived in the castle since 993 A.D. He is in indestructible spirit of chaos.
26. The Battle of Hogwarts took place during the early hours of May 2nd, 1998, on the grounds of Hogwarts and inside the Great Hall. The end of the battle signified the defeat of Voldemort and the end to the Second Wizarding War, but also resulted in a great deal of destruction to Hogwarts. The building was restored afterwards and reopened for the following school year.
What is your favorite part about Hogwarts? Tweet us your thoughts with the hashtag #WelcomeBackToHogwarts!
Follow @hollywood_com | Follow @analuisasrz