We are T-minus two days away from Beyoncé bringing down the house stadium with her totally-not-lip-synced Super Bowl halftime show and anticipation is rising to unbearable levels. To help tide you over until the big day, we have rounded up the very best of Beyoncé. It was no easy task to choose Bey's 10 most shining moments, but we think we've done it. Below are Beyoncé's 10 fiercest live performances.
Warning: Videos may induce chills and tears. Watch at your own risk.
10. What a way to say goodbye. Destiny's Child killed it with their "Farewell Medley" at the 2005 World Music Awards.
9. Even with a cold, Beyoncé sounds better than everyone. At her "I Am... Yours" show in Las Vegas in 2009, Beyoncé melted hearts with her acoustic "Sweet Dreams" medley.
8. Is there anything sweeter than watching Beyoncé duet with the love of her life, Jay-Z? Watch this clip of Bey and Jay-Z singing "Forever Young" at the 2010 Coachella Music Festival and then try to say otherwise.
7. Could this be a prelude to what we'll see on Sunday? At the Dallas Cowboys' 2004 Thanksgiving game halftime show, Destiny's Child was accompanied by a military escort, a live marching band, and an abundance of pyrotechnics.
6. At the 2004 Grammys, Beyoncé teamed up with Prince for an unforgettable medley of "Purple Rain," "Let's Go Crazy," and "Crazy in Love."
5. At the 2005 Kennedy Center Honors' tribue to Tina Turner, Beyoncé said to the legend, "I remember the first time I saw you perform. I'd never before in my life seen a woman so powerful, so fearless, so fabulous. And those legs!" Right back atcha!
4. You had me at the slow chair swivel, Bey. Beyoncé totally took over the 2008 World Music Awards when she performed "If I Were a Boy" and "Single Ladies."
3. In 2009, Beyoncé was no longer a single lady (she tied the knot with Jay-z in 2008), but she still knew how to throw down like one. Beyoncé tore up the stage with her singature dance (alongside Glee's Heather Morris at the 2009 American Music Awards.
2. Who runs the world? Beyoncé. Bey proved this once again with her performance of "Run the World (Girls)" at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards.
1. At the 2011 VMAs, Beyoncé proved that she is the mother of all things fierce by ending her performance of "Love on Top" by showing her pregnant belly to the entire world. Cue the beginning of Blue Ivy hysteria.
And, just in case you were wondering, Beyoncé has been crazy talented her entire life.
Follow Abbey Stone on Twitter @abbeystone
[Photo Credit: Venturelli/WireImage]
Beyonce Confirms Lip-Syncing (Boo!) and Teases a Tour (Yay!) at NFL Press Conference
Beyonce Heats Up Super Bowl Rehearsal — PICS
Beyonce and Jay-Z: The Other First Couple?
You Might Also Like:
Biden? Ford? Surprisingly Hot Young Pics of Politicians
Who Wore This Crazy Hat?
Stars Who Changed Their Look After Love
Stars including Beyonce, Octavia Spencer, Oprah Winfrey and Nicki Minaj have reached out to teenage American gymnast Gabrielle Douglas after she made history at the London Olympics on Thursday (02Aug12).
The 16 year old was part of the U.S. side which took gold in the artistic team all-around gymnastics event at the London 2012 games on Tuesday (31Jul12), and two days later, she landed another gold medal for her solo efforts - making her the first black female ever to win the individual all-around contest.
Justin Bieber, Pink and Lady Gaga were among those who sent their congratulations to the medal-winning team, but Douglas won more praise when she scooped gold by herself.
Singer/actress Beyonce has written an open letter to Douglas in a post on her official blog, calling her performance "inspiring".
She writes, "A huge congratulations to 16 year old Olympic gold medallist Gabby Douglas - WOW - what a thrill to watch you take this gold! - Enjoy this moment, it's yours. Thank you for inspiring all of us! Love, B"
A number of other stars got in touch with Douglas via Twitter.com to pass on their congratulations..
Actress Gabrielle Union writes, "Golden girl!!! I'm in awe... Gold for Gabby!" while Octavia Spencer adds, "Huge huge moment!!! Own it! Bringing home the gold!" and Denise Richards gushes, "Gorgeous girl gabrielle doug GOLD!!!!!!!!! so happy for you! your mom looks so proud. congrats!!"
Singer Ciara ?declares, "Not only am I happy 4 U (for you). I'm happy for your family 2 (too)! The sacrifices payed (sic) off! Keep inspiring young girls and women like me," and rapper Nicki Minaj writes, "Kisses to Gabby what an amazing little firecracker. USA Olympics."
Winfrey admitted she cried when she saw the youngster triumph, writing, "OMG (Oh my God) I'm so thrilled for Gabby. Flowing happy tears!! Team USA", while La Toya Jackson had a similar reaction: "Why am I crying! I'm just so overwhelm (sic) by Gabby Douglas win!!!"