Former James Bond Sir Roger Moore has been forced to give up 007's beloved martinis due to his diabetes. The British actor revealed he had been diagnosed with the disease last year (13), and although he never ordered the superspy's trademark martini "shaken, not stirred" as Bond, he admits it was his tipple of choice.
And now Moore reveals he has had to lay off the drink due to his diabetes.
He tells the Daily Telegraph, "I make a very good dry martini but I'm not allowed to drink them anymore. No more sugar, no alcohol. I get to taste the wine and I can make a little sip last an hour. I enjoy it much more."
But he also adds that if given only one day left to live, he would reintroduce the martini back in his life, adding, "I'd have a couple of dry martinis with Tanqueray gin - not vodka - and a couple of choc ices (chocolate covered ice cream)... Oh, and baked beans."
Today, August 29th, 2014 marks the 21st birthday of Liam Payne. Daddy Direction can legally drink in America! An important thing for us grown-up Directioners. To celebrate the day, we’ve got 21 fun-facts about Liam. Not that boring stuff, like his zodiac sign (Virgo) or his middle name (James, just like his band-mate Niall Horan).
1. He is afraid of spoons. It’s not that weird, it’s kind of cute.
2. Of the band, he’s the only one who comes to work with his hair done. The other band members show up with their hair all over the place, but he won’t leave his house without doing his hair.
3. If he wasn’t a singer, he would make a fabulous journalist:
He might have been drunk, but he actually asked all the questions a fan wanted to know after watching the Brit Awards.
4. His favorite film is the Toy Story trilogy.
5. Liam once told TOTP that he had the best dance moves and he was, “The king of the dance floor!” With his signature 1-2-3 flick. Recognize those moves anywhere?
6. Liam’s dream job, aside from the one he is currently living as a pop-star, is a fire fighter.
7. He once had his underwear stolen (and then later worn) by a fan.
8. If Liam could invent an ice cream flavor, it would be “Krispy Kreme Donut.”
9. He once confessed to owning a pair of pink hair straighteners. We can see the evidence of that here.
10. He has said that Justin Timberlake is one of his biggest inspirations. He also sang “Cry Me A River,” at his 2010 X Factor audition. Good thing too, since look where that got him!
11. Once, he was asked what food he would be, he responded: “I’d be 7 bananas because it’s too much potassium and that’s dangerous.” Gotta love a bad boy.
12. His favorite color is still purple (had to include this because it’s adorable).
13. Liam once had no idea what YOLO and DTF stood for, so he guessed “Yummy Oreos Love Origami” and “Dedicated To Fans.” Better abbreviations, in my honest opinion.
14. Liam wishes he’d written the song “99 Problems,” by Jay Z. We wonder why?
15. All of his band-mates have said he’s got the best abs in the group. We cannot deny this.
16. Liam has a man-crush on Twilight star Taylor Lautner.
17. He has two pet turtles named Boris and Archimedes. He also has an adorable little husky named Loki (with his ex-girlfriend Danielle Peazer).
liam w/ loki is the cutest thing ever #liampayne pic.twitter.com/QM04PgaUru
— Hana (@hana1999hana) August 26, 2014
18. One time Liam was left behind and when the tour bus took off, he started running after it while waving his arms. The rest of the band mistook him for a fan at first.
19. Until he was 19-years-old, Liam suffered from kidney problems (1 scarred and dysfunctional kidney) that kept him from drinking and he had to lead a very careful life. Luckily, he’s all healthy now and can legally drink with his American fans!
20. The one person guaranteed to make him laugh is band-made, Louis Tomlinson! “Even if I’m in a situation where I’m mad at him, the person that can make me smile is Louis. Whatever happens he’ll make me laugh about something.”
21. One of Liam’s tattoos (the feather and lyrics) is dedicated to his Nan.
Happy Birthday Liam! We hope you have an awesome day and get to relax a little, if that's possible to do in the middle of a world tour.
Which is your favorite Liam fact? Tweet us yours along with the hashtag #Happy21stBirthdayLiam!
Follow @hollywood_com | Follow @analuisasrz
A North Carolina woman who is convinced David Cassidy is her biological father has penned an open letter to the veteran singer/actor in a desperate bid to establish paternity once and for all. Shelly Wright believes she was conceived during a one-night stand between The Partridge Family star and her mother back in the 1970s.
She has previously attempted to contact Cassidy via his publicist, seeking a DNA test to prove or disprove her claim, but alleges her requests to be put in touch with him have been rebuffed.
Now Wright, 40, has written a heartfelt note to the 64 year old in the pages of the National Enquirer magazine, in the hope it will be brought to Cassidy's attention.
In the note, she writes, "This is my cry: that the truth be revealed! All I want is to find my father - my real father.
"Growing up, I never looked like the man who was raising me as his daughter - and my whole family talked about it. Finally, I confronted my mother. She revealed that she'd had a one-night stand with David Cassidy in Nashville (Tennessee) in 1973. When I Googled him, I realized that I looked amazingly like David, and his daughter Katie."
She continues, "This is not a gimmick. It's not a game. I'm frustrated and desperate, and I just want David to know that I've been trying to contact him... And this isn't about money or fame. My husband has a good job. We have a good life. A well-known daytime talk show offered me a lot of money to tell my story. But I didn't do it - because my quest is to find my father. That's all.
"From the bottom of my heart, I'm begging David Cassidy - the man that I believe is my father - to agree to a DNA test. Then, and only then, will I find the truth."
Cassidy, who has been struggling to overcome his battle with alcoholism in recent months, has yet to respond to the letter. He has two legitimate children - actress daughter Katie from his relationship with Sherry Benedon, and son Beau with third wife Sue Shifrin, who filed for divorce in February (14) after 23 years of marriage.
British actor Idris Elba used to sneak to school behind the wheel of a Mini Cooper - when he was just 13. The Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom star picked the vehicle up for just $85 (£50) and became a hero overnight, years before he could legally take his driving test.
He explains, "I had a goatee... As soon as I could grow a beard, I was like, 'This is a good idea, I'll buy a car', so I bought this car for 50 quid (pounds). It was a little Mini Cooper... I used to drive to school and park around the back."
And he kept his motoring secret from his parents by parking his Mini around the corner from their house.
His sneaky car plan was perfect until he had an encounter with his dad's best friend.
The Thor star explains, "One day, my dad's best friend... parked in front of me and I'm trying to get out first thing in the morning to go to school and I smashed into the back of his car.
"I ended up having to work for him at his construction company while I fixed his car. My dad didn't find out until I was about 16."
The car helped him pick up a 19-year-old girlfriend when he was 14.
The actor adds, "It was a good life, man. Her name was Judith and she was lovely, beautiful and I used to stay around her house, but I'd tell my mum and dad I was staying around my boy's (friend's) house."
He managed to con his girlfriend into thinking she was dating a real man by telling her he was off to work in the mornings, rather than heading to school, and when she stumbled across his homework, he told Judith that his boss made him do his children's school work.
I might be bias because he’s my absolute favorite musician to ever exist, but Ed Sheeran got his first, and very well deserved, moonman from the MTV Video Music Awards on August 24. Winning the award for Best Male Video for his hit single "Sing", this was also his first American award. Ever. Well it’s about time!
This is going to be a huge PSA from me to you about how it’s practically necessary to be a big fan of this guy. This is no joke. If I had to pick only one musician to listen to for the rest of my life, with no hesitation, it would be Ed.
1. His lyrics are super cleaver.
2. It’s only him and a loop pedal on stage. Pure talent.
3. He was featured in People Magazines “Sexiest Man Alive” issue this year (It doesn't have to do with his music, but we all just have to acknowledge that high honor).
What’s wrong with him you may wonder? Nothing. Ed Sheeran is a perfect human.
4. Every song he sings is flawless.
5. Every song he sings live is even more flawless (my personal favorite is "Give Me Love" from his first album "+". Not only does it show off his insane vocals, but four minutes into the song, he builds a beat with just his guitar and voice. As mentioned before, he uses a loop pedal in order to do so).
Prepare to have your mind blown right now:
Impressed? I'm not done. The video doesn't even do it justice. See it sung live. Goosebumps everywhere...
6. He writes all his own music.
7. He writes other peoples music (only for some semi-famous musicians though like One Direction and Taylor Swift.. Maybe you've heard of them?).
8. Basically he's a music writing machine (all this and he's only 23...HOW!?).
Unlike other huge artists nowadays, Ed doesn't need anything extra to sound good or put on an entertaining show.
9. He doesn't need to sing along to a track.
10. He doesn't need backup dancers.
11. He doesn't need sparkly costumes.
12. He doesn't need to make it a huge production.
He literally stands in the same spot for his whole set, yet is able to make his shows the most amazing ones I've ever been to.
After being nominated frequently, and now finally winning, this offically makes Ed a part of the American music scene. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes home all future nominations from here on out (and if "X" doesn't win Album Of The Year, I will protest). Let's work for that Grammy next!
Luckily, Ed Sheeran continues his North American Multiply Tour on August 26 in San Jose, California. But he's here until mid-September, then he travels around the world through to February 2015.
There are no excuses not to see this tour. If you miss the closest show to you, just fly to another country to see him instead (that's what I'm doing!). This is Ed Sheeran we're talking about people! If you're not willing to make that sacrifice, you need to reconsider everything you just read. Hurry up and get your tickets now!
Have you seen Ed Sheeran live? What did you think of his show? Tweet us your thoughts!
Rocker Bret Michaels helped to raise thousands to aid the ongoing tornado recovery effort in a small village in Nebraska on Sunday (24Aug14) by headlining a charity show for locals. The Poison star was inspired to take action after visiting Pilger in late June (14) to help with the clean-up effort, days after twin tornadoes ripped through the area, killing two people and destroying over half of the homes and other buildings across the neighbourhood.
He vowed to return to stage a fundraising concert for victims and he made good on his promise this weekend as he hit the stage in the nearby city of Norfolk for the sold out Rock N' Relief event.
During the gig, Michaels presented representatives from local community groups with three cheques, amounting to more than $30,000 (£17,647), via his Life Rocks Foundation to help cover the costs for the continued recovery project.
Actress-turned-director Angela Bassett is adamant the controversy over her upcoming Whitney Houston biopic will give the project a boost by piquing the public's interest.
The star is taking charge of a new TV movie based on the life of the superstar singer with former America's Next Top Model contestant Yaya DaCosta in the lead role.
The project, titled I Will Always Love You: The Whitney Houston Story, has been criticised by Houston's mother Cissy, who claims producers have gone ahead with the film despite objections from the family, saying, "No one connected with this movie knew Whitney or anything about her relationship with (ex-husband) Bobby (Brown)... I find it difficult to believe people who knew and supposedly loved her would participate in a movie about her done by folks who didn't know her."
However, Bassett is adamant the controversy could be good for business, telling Billboard.com, "Controversy can be good. It can pique your interest." She added of her work on the project, "It felt like it was flowing from the beginning. Except me with the learning curve, you know. Coming from one side of the camera to the other."
Pop star Nick Jonas channelled his feelings of anger into the lyrics of his new song Jealous after catching another man ogling his sexy girlfriend Olivia Culpo's backside. The singer/actor reveals he initially wanted to confront the former Miss Universe's unwanted admirer when the incident occurred earlier this year (14), but he came to his senses and decided instead to vent his frustration by picking up a pen and paper.
Jonas tells Eonline.com, "I saw someone looking at her a** when we were out one night. It really upset me.
"The next day I went into the studio and wrote the song. So I got something good out of the experience even though in the moment it was frustrating."
He adds, "I was also in the middle of shooting (upcoming TV drama) Kingdom where I play an MMA (mixed martial arts) fighter, so I was all pumped up on testosterone feeling like I could beat someone up. Thankfully, I didn't."
Jonas has since recruited beauty queen Culpo to appear alongside him in the video for the new track, which will premiere next month (Sep14).
Some musicians from Down Under have made a real mark on the United States this summer. While on tour with One Direction, pop punk band 5 Seconds of Summer, otherwise known as “5SOS” (five-sauce), includes members Luke Hemmings, Calum Hood, Michael Clifford and Ashton Irwin. Getting their start on YouTube, this group has quickly gained fame as the singers of this years hit “She Looks So Perfect."
Although they’re known as the typical boyband-that-has-an-insane-amount-of-passionate-female-followers, these guys also appeal to the male audience. Their songs are catchy AND they play their own instruments. That’s something you don’t see all the time with other famous boybands nowadays. If you just haven’t been able to jump on the 5SOS bandwagon, then maybe this will help convert you:
Ladies and gents, we introduce to you, 5 Seconds of Summer:
They have superb taste in music…
… and fashion…
… and especially dance moves.
When Calum smiles, the whole world melts.
When Ashton smiles? Angels casually rejoice.
Has their beauty overwhelmed your body yet?
Luke has a mysterious side.
Then he gets all giddy and we just want to squeeze him.
They’re tough when they need to be.
There's nothing like a good lip bite.
Are you in love yet?
Michael’s inability to make a finger heart is adorable yet heartbreaking.
So Calum and Luke help him because that’s what boybands do. Teamwork!
Their bromance is a glorious one.
They know how to work a crowd.
Like… they really, really know how to work a crowd.
So have we convinced you that being a 5SOS fan is a right of life? Yes? Then our mission is complete and it’s time to celebrate.
Now go see these four in concert and I promise you wont regret it. Farewell Aussies, we’ll see you boys in our dreams.
Celebrity fashion designer Lloyd Klein has beaten cancer. The Hollywood-based couturier, who has dressed Tyra Banks, Miley Cyrus, Naya Rivera and Cindy Crawford, among others was diagnosed with the disease in December (13) and told he would need immediate treatment.
But, after a nine-month program of chemotherapy and radiation, Klein, who lost his father to cancer, has been given good news as his doctors declared him cancer-free.
Klein's representative tells WENN, "Although he wouldn’t hope that anyone would have to go through the process, the prognosis of being cancer free made it worthwhile and if he had to do it again... he’d say 'F**k cancer round 2'."
His business partner John Arguelles adds, "Lloyd can now add brave, valiant and resilient to his descriptives and, for me, he is a role model for anyone facing life-threatening challenges. I have no doubt that this experience will emerge on the runway in a highly creative response like he created after 9/11 and after a near-fatal car crash caused by a drunk driver 10 years ago.
"He has been sketching ideas the entire time and all I can say is the fashion world will be blown away by his Fall 2016 collection next February."
Klein has also started work on a memoir.
The story of Albert and Jane Miller, a married couple who pose as a butler and cook to escape life's endless problems and expenses. They acquire a position with Charles Dutton, the wealthy head of Dutton Industries. The series relates their misadventures as they struggle to keep secret their charade, run the Dutton mansion, and enjoy the good life.