With a fourth season on the way, stars like Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev and an ever growing population of fans, The Vampire Diaries broke out as one of Comic-Con’s most biting panels of 2012. The cast and creative team assembled to offer a Q&A to the CW series’ devoted fans, delving into the engrossing characters and fascinating world the show has built, as well as what we’re bound to see in The Vampire Diaries’ future.
With executive producer Julie Plec
, co-creator Kevin Williams
, castmembers Dobrev
, Paul Wesley
, Steven R. McQueen
, Michael Trevino
, and Zach Roerig
on hand, eager fans were given a taste of what’s to come with some Season 4 footage and insight.
Here’s some of the most memorable bites from The Vampire Diaries panel:
* Nina, on the task of playing Vampire Elena: “It’s going to be tricky. I think she’s going to be defined by her experiences.”
* Julie, on Season 4: “Everything just feels so fresh , it feels so new. Elena’s obviously going through a huge change and Damon and Stefan are going to have to deal with that. It’s a lot of really deep, emotional, twisted stuff.”
* Michael, on Tyler in Season 1: “Even I despised the character!”
* Paul, coining the phrase “Salvatore sandwich.” Yum.
* Julie, on Katherine: “Katherine will not show her face until Klaus is no longer a threat.”
* Julie, on the possibility of seeing Alaric again: “We certainly don’t like living in a world without Matt Davis in our family. So it’s possible.”
* Ian, on whether he thinks Damon will be happy that Elena is a vampire: “It could be fun!”