Modern Family is practically perfect, due to its cast and spectacular writing. It has set itself apart from other family sitcoms by showing a diverse extended family that deal with every day issues. Claire Dunphy (Julie Bowen) is a character however that has been on television almost since the beginning of sitcoms. She was a stay-at-home mom who primarily took care of her kids and crazy husband. However what makes Julie’s take so funny and different is that Claire is secretly evil. Sure she’s a caring mom 80% of the time, but there’s that 20% that definitely worries us.
1. She’s not a good sport:
2. Claire’s response to other people’s problems is this:
3. Claire takes jokes too far:
4. She told Mitchell to break up with Cam and then propose to him:
5. She takes competitions way too far:
6. On that note, Claire couldn’t have just been a nurse for Halloween. She wanted to be a sadistic nurse:
7. She is overly aggressive with Mitchell:
8. She is a pessimist:
But when it comes to Phil we give her a little wiggle room because well that’s not entirely her fault.
9. This was her initial response to Gloria announcing her pregnancy:
10. She pulled this crazy prank on Luke with Phil’s help:
11. Yes, it’s unsettling that Phil gives this correction to the kids but Claire steps it up by 100:
12. That year Claire was hell bent on scaring the crap out of Phil. She gave us nightmares:
13. She purposely made her hungover daughter sick:
Yes, Claire! IT DOES!
Do you think Claire is secretly evil? Tell us your answers using the Twitter handles below!