Let’s just be honest, we all want to be some Boss B*tches in both our personal and professional lives. After all, we all have the same hours a day as Beyoncé. Though there is an abundance of ways that we can uplift ourselves, there is nothing wrong with looking at examples of others for a little help. Since The Office‘s Michael Scott was one of the most legendary bosses to ever appear on television, here are 17 lessons from him on how to be the best boss. After all, you are Beyoncé always.
1. Dance parties are necessary on stressful days.
Hit the nae nae real quick, and your day will suddenly be a zillion times better.
2. It’s also important to know when to give up.
Sometimes you just have to call it a week.
3. Make sure to frequently incorporate Harry Potter references in everyday conversation.
We’re all non-majs here.
4. Always keep your resting bitch face on fleek.
Emotion should be reserved for Fridays.
5. Recognize that you’re an adult, which means you can have ice cream whenever you please.
Everything can be made better with ice cream.
6. Also humble brag about your exotic vacation destinations.
Your beach will always be better.
7. Never forget where you came from.
“The streets ain’t for everybody, that’s why they made sidewalks.” – Cookie Lyon Empire
8. Remember to be as observant as possible.
Stay watching, you never want your employees to get too comfortable.
9. Be very clear about your personal preferences.
Hey, it is what it is.
10. Remember to never to let anyone steal your happiness.
And if they do, make sure you call them out on it loudly and publicly.
11. Be sure to always be in tune with your emotions.
It takes a real boss to be self-aware.
12. Let your minions know that your comfortable being “turnt up”
13. Remember that cultural appropriation is always a key element to successful work meetings.
Trust us, it will make everyone feel super comfortable.
14. Be certain to deliver constructive criticism.
After all, the only way others can improve is when you tell them exactly how to act.
15. Always remember to bring up race.
We recommend regular diversity training.
16. Motivate your employees to live a healthy lifestyle.
Clearly you must lead by example.
17. And finally, remember the most import thing about being a kick-ass boss.
Don’t ever let anyone tell you that you’re Michelle.
10 Ways 'The Office' Is Better Than 'Parks And Recreation'
17 Michael Scott GIFs For When You Just Can't Deal
20 Witty Life Lessons April Ludgate Taught Us on 'Parks & Rec'
Felicity Huffman sentenced to two weeks behind bars over college bribes
Lady Gaga 'never felt beautiful' before she discovered make-up
Demi Moore: 'Hollywood tried to crush me for demanding equal pay'
Pregnant Shay Mitchell won't take maternity leave
Dwayne Johnson: 'Kevin Hart knows he's a lucky man after car crash'