You may remember that little show called LOST (the one that basically took over TV in the early-mid 2000s) but you may not have realized how closely the story and character arches parallel The Walking Dead. We promise this list will blow your mind (zombie pun intended).
1. Both The Walking Dead and Lost are tales of survival. People from different walks of life are thrown together to beat all odds.
Would you rather be stuck with vicious zombies? Or be attacked by The Island’s Smoke Monster?
2. Both survival groups have unofficial male leaders (in the form of handsome Rick Grimes and cutie Jack Shepard).
3. …Who end up teaming with scraggly-haired sidekicks who can fight.
4. Inevitably, said groups of survivors break into smaller groups because of differences.
5. And have the added pressure of figuring out how to survive with babies.
6. All the while romantic drama involving brunettes is thrown into the mix (looking at you Lori and Kate).
7. Plus in each show the survivors come across a seemingly perfect and established town run by a menacing leader.
8. Also, there’s always a lone kid.
9. Both shows are masters of the PLOT TWIST tactic.
10. And both unofficial leaders grow amazing beards.
Plane crash on mysterious island/zombie apocalypse = lack of razors.
11. Badass women make sure survivors don’t die sometimes.
12. Random lone survivors are introduced into the groups.
13. Getting emotionally connected with characters from either show is a death sentence (literally).
14. With the population dwindling, unexpected love comes in all shapes and sizes.
15. Lastly, both shows have brought some seriously well-thought fan theories to the table. #walkers #losties