Regardless of several plot holes and unanswered questions, Pretty Little Liars has always delivered with one thing: Spoby! Spencer Hastings (Troian Bellisario) and Toby Cavanaugh (Keegan Allen) are enough to keep us on the edge of our seat with their on-again/off-again romance. Here are 15 reasons why the couple is our relationship goals!
1. This roleplay!
2. Toby is Spencer’s “once upon a time.”
3. Even with the hell they go through in Rosewood, they still have one reason to stay.
4. This line!
5. Every reunion scene gives us feels!
6. They have similar ideas of what is “therapeautic.”
How do they not realize they’re soul mates here!?
7. They’re there for each other.
8. We’re still waiting for this London trip.
9. They can’t stay away from each other.
Even after the five-year time jump, they are still on good terms. Distance did not break them!
10. Spencer loves Toby so much, she wrote her valedictorian speech about him.
11. Toby makes it hard for anyone to be a post-modern feminist.
12. They’re sexy!
13. They’re there to wipe away each other’s tears.
14. Toby can cook and he makes sure Spencer eats a nutritious breakfast.
15. Toby understands why Spencer has to lie sometimes.
In the Pretty Little Liars world, that’s important!