If you grew up in the 90’s, you were most likely a Rugrats baby. If you didn’t, then you’re probably (definitely) tired of hearing about the 90’s and how awesome Rugrats was (still is). There’s a reason this show still has people talking about it 23 years after it first started, and 10 years after the last new episode. It taught us a lot of valid life lessons, skills, and more.
1. Angelica was the first person that taught us all what it means to “do you”:
2. She also showed us how to look really good while doing just that:
3. Basically, we didn’t admit to wanting to be Angelica, but we secretly wished we were her:
4. We learned from Spike and Tommy why dogs really are a man’s best friend:
5. Tommy and Chuckie showed us that growing up could be scary and exciting at the same time:
6. Angelica swooped right in to let us know what responsibilities are:
7. The show taught us about Moses and other religious figures in a way we could all understand:
Although, alternatively, you might have had a hard time believing your parents that Moses wasn’t Tommy Pickles.
8. They also did a pretty good job at telling us history too:
This show was more educational than another on PBS.
9. Rugrats taught us that diapers (and clothes in general) were so overrated:
10. If you were the oldest of the group, AKA The Big Cousin, then you learned a lot about how to control babies, AKA anyone younger than you:
2 days younger than you? Still a baby.
11. It was a really deep show that made us all think:
12. At a very young age, we learned just how important pizza really is:
13. Rugrats taught us what friendship truly means:
14. You didn’t realize just how handy this phrase would wind up being:
23 years later and this still is useful.
15. We also learned the most important life lesson, that we have all carried into adulthood:
Accurate for childhood, high school, college, and being a grown-up.
16. It taught us to treat everything we loved the same way Angelica treated Cynthia:
17. Mary-Kate and Ashley made you want to be a twin? More like Phil and Lil:
18. Most importantly, we idolized Rugrats because of the valuable life lessons it taught us and, Tommy Pickles was the first boss baby there ever was:
Why did you personally idolize the gang from Rugrats? Tweet us your answers!