Are you watching Netflix’s Daredevil yet? No? Why the hell not?! It’s nothing like the 2003 Ben Affleck movie, we promise. People actually like this one. And we think you will too. Here are some reason why you should be watching:
1. Charlie Cox
We’ve loved this British actor since Stardust, and he really proves his leading man status in the role of Matt Murdock – a lawyer by day, blind vigilante by night.
2. Charlie Cox’s abs.
Yes, it’s a valid reason.
3. Deborah Ann Woll
She was great as teenage vampire Jessica on True Blood, and now she’s playing Karen Page, who’s anything but a damsel in distress.
4. The villain is actually a three-dimensional character.
Vincent D’Onofrio is just so good as Wilson Fisk, aka Kingpin.
5. Fulton Reed is Foggy.
Remember Fulton Reed (IRL, Elden Henson)? The bad boy from The Mighty Ducks? He’s now Foggy on Daredevil — Matt’s law partner, BFF and general comic relief.
6. Daredevil doesn’t have a silly costume…well, for most of the show.
Then he gets one, but it sort of makes sense.
7. Matt Murdock actually has a career outside of superhero-ing.
8. The fight scenes are realistic, not cartoony.
9. Daredevil actually gets beaten up.
He may be a superhero, but he still bruises.
10. Killing doesn’t always come easy to Daredevil.
He grapples with it. Death on this show actually has weight.
11. The show is on Netflix, so it’s easy to binge.
12. There are only 13 episodes, and they seamlessly flow into each other like one long movie.
13. There are Marvel Easter eggs sprinkled throughout.
References to The Avengers galore!
14. Most of your friends are probably watching it. You wanna stay in the loop, don’t you?
15. It’s coming back for season 2, and you’ll want to be ready!
Have YOU started watching Daredevil yet? If not, did we convince you? Tell us on Twitter!