The Vampire Diaries is officially back, but for some fans this season is bittersweet. That of course would be because Nina Dobrev isn’t returning and Delena is probably on hold indefinitely. Hardcore Elena fans will definitely need time to recover by going through all the stages of grief. Are you not really over it yet? Here are 11 signs that’ll tell you if you truly moved on.
1. When someone brings up her leaving you spill out all the feels.
2. You have been watching all of your favorite episodes with her nonstop.
3. You watch every interview with Nina in hopes she talks about coming back.
4. You refused to watch last season’s finale because you’re not ready to say goodbye.
5. All you want to do is read fan fiction where Elena is alive and well.
6. When you are watching a new episode you secretly hope something happens to Bonnie.
7. Or you have the thought “what would Elena do?” go through your mind.
8. Perhaps you get a little bit angry now when you see Nina.
9. It’s gotten so bad that you even miss Katherine at this point.
10. You still expect to see her in new episodes then get disappointed when she doesn’t show.
11. Your abandonment issues are way high and you live in fear that someone else will leave.