As my friend and I argued for the third time this week about whether or not Aiden was the best boyfriend Carrie had (he’s so not), I couldn’t help but wonder, are we addicted to Sex…and the City? Here are some signs that you might be:
1. You become outraged when someone claims Aiden > Mr. Big:
In what universe?!
2. And when someone tries to convince you that your love life is not “just like Carrie’s”:
WHAT DO YOU EVEN KNOW? HE’S TOTALLY MY BIG.
3. When your friends suggest a SATC marathon:
4. When your friends suggest literally anything remotely social:
5. When you look outside and know you have to brave the polar vortex:
I’ll just stay in bed and watch some Sex and the City.
6. When someone tries to tell you that they’re the Carrie of their group:
7. When this no longer seems like an unreasonable fashion goal for a night out (did it ever?):
8. Whenever you hear anyone say “abso-fucking-lutely”:
9. When you realize you’ve been quoting this show for 17 years.
And it’s still relevant (and you’re not an old maid; you’re still thirty-faux).
10. When you hear there might be a third movie, and you’re excited and dreading it all at the same time:
You’ll talk about it nonstop and your boyfriend will just never get it.
11. When yet another of your friends gets engaged and you fake happiness, but really you’re mentally ordering 6 more cosmos:
I’m sure your love is not as strong as mine and this martini’s.
12. When your boyfriend asks if you ever just stop watching SATC?
13. When your hobbies include shopping, judging people, brunch, and cocktails:
14. When your idea of exercise perfectly aligns with Ms. Bradshaw’s:
“Gym” is the dirtiest word in the English language.
15. When someone you know says they’ve never seen Sex and the City:
Steal an HBOGO password and get your ish together!
So, are you addicted to Sex and the City?
Yeah, we thought so.