Sorry to be the bearers of bad news, Sons of Anarchy fans, but in case you haven’t heard, a major death will hit Charming, Calif. tonight. Last week, EW broke the news that a beloved character would kick the bucket, and their “sources” narrowed it down to six choices: Wayne Unser (Dayton Callie), Tig Trager (Kim Coates), Clay Morrow (Ron Perlman), Juice Ortiz (Theo Rossi), Opie Winston (Ryan Hurst), or Tara Teller (Maggie Siff). In short, six major characters whose deaths would greatly alter the course of the show.
Undoubtedly, SoA showrunner Kurt Sutter is brutal enough to take any of these guys away from us. In fact, we wouldn’t be too surprised if he killed off everyone but his beloved wife, Katey Sagal. Whoever ends up joining Piney Winston in the dead SAMCRO club will be sorely missed, and given the marquee names of all of these characters, this will be the biggest death in SoA‘s bloody history. The cast and crew have kept the character’s identity close to the vest, but we’re going to throw our hat in the ring and play the grim reaper guessing game. Here are our picks for tonight’s victim, in order of plausibility:
1. Unser: As EW pointed out, Unser does have terminal cancer, so a natural death is totally possible. But he’s also investigating the mysterious series of Charming break-ins completely solo, which is never a good idea. He could stumble upon something deadly. Also, SAMCRO’s growing list of enemies must know that Unser is an easy target, and an easy target whose death would break the hearts of/enrage the club. And unlike the gentlemen of the club, Unser is what you would call an innocent, with an always accurate moral compass — and come on, only the good die young. Err, well… he’s younger than some people.
2. Tara: Tara’s death would be dark, but it seems like that’s the direction Sutter wants to go. He always said he saw SoA as a seven-season saga, and we’re rapidly approaching what should be the end of its second act. We’ve met the SAMCRO gang and learned the ins and outs of their world, but now it’s time to see that world come crashing down. Nothing would set this off more than the death of Tara, Jax’s (Charlie Hunnam) wife.
3. Opie: Sad-sack Opie has arguably endured more tragedy than any other character on the show: His wife, Donna, was accidentally killed during Season 1, and his father was murdered by Clay last year. Now, he has to back off and hold his tongue as Clay sits at the table, because Jax needs him alive. Without his family and his club, he basically has nothing else to live for, except for those kids we never see.
4. Juice: Juice looked death straight in the eye when he tried to kill himself last season, but it didn’t quite pan out. Still, as Eli Roosevelt (Rockmond Dunbar) reminded him, the RICO mystery is still alive and well. If anyone in the club finds out that Juice was last season’s rat… well, it’s bye bye Juice. (Editor’s Note: Please don’t be Juice…. Please don’t be Juice… Please don’t be Juice.)
5. Tig: Damon Pope (Harold Perrineau) already burned his daughter alive right in front of the man, and promised more torment to come. Tig’s acting these past couple of episodes (and seasons) has been stellar, and it would be a crime to see him go.
6. Clay: Clay has more enemies than anyone else on this list, but we think it’s a little early in the season for Clay’s inevitable demise, no?
So, fellow crow-eaters — who will it be? Vote in the poll below, and be sure to defend your choice in the comments!
&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;a href=”http://polldaddy.com/poll/6558943/”&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;Who will die on Sons of Anarchy tonight?&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/a&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;
Follow Shaunna on Twitter @HWShaunna
[Image Credit: FX]