1. Best: The Dunphys and Pritchetts (Modern Family)
There would probably be many mishaps, but also a lot of laughs.
2. Worst: The Bluths (Arrested Development)
Sure, they’re fun to watch, but actually spending time with this dysfunctional family would drive you crazy.
3. Best: The Gilmores (Gilmore Girls)
Rory and Lorelai had four Thanksgiving dinners in one day. That’s true dedication.
4. Worst: The Gallaghers (Shameless)
They aren’t exactly the most welcoming people.
5. Best: The Mars (Veronica Mars)
Because you know you just want to hang out with Veronica and her dad.
6. Worst: The Popes (Scandal)
A terrorist, an evil mastermind, and a political fixer. The meal would be terrifying, but the wine would be fantastic.
7. Best: The Cohens (The O.C.)
They made up their own holiday, so they clearly know what they’re doing.
8. Worst: The Sopranos
Another dinner where you would be too scared for your life to eat.
9. Best: The Taylors (Friday Night Lights)
Clear eyes, full stomachs, can’t lose.
10. Worst: The Fishers (Six Feet Under)
There’s nothing like the constant presence of death to really bring down a meal.
11. Best: The Bravermans (Parenthood)
You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll eat a lot.
12. Worst: The Whites (Breaking Bad)
Would you like your turkey with a side of meth?
Maybe your family isn’t really that bad after all.