Thanksgiving is almost here, which means you’ll probably be spending some quality time with your family. And depending how you feel about your family, this could be a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe you’re looking forward to catching up with loved ones, or dreading the argument that your dad and uncle seem to get into every year. But everyone has to deal with their family, even TV characters. These are the TV families we’d love to join for Thanksgiving dinner, and those that we’d stay far away from.
1. Best: The Dunphys and Pritchetts (Modern Family)
There would probably be many mishaps, but also a lot of laughs.
2. Worst: The Bluths (Arrested Development)
Sure, they’re fun to watch, but actually spending time with this dysfunctional family would drive you crazy.
3. Best: The Gilmores (Gilmore Girls)
Rory and Lorelai had four Thanksgiving dinners in one day. That’s true dedication.
4. Worst: The Gallaghers (Shameless)
They aren’t exactly the most welcoming people.
5. Best: The Mars (Veronica Mars)
Because you know you just want to hang out with Veronica and her dad.
6. Worst: The Popes (Scandal)
A terrorist, an evil mastermind, and a political fixer. The meal would be terrifying, but the wine would be fantastic.
7. Best: The Cohens (The O.C.)
They made up their own holiday, so they clearly know what they’re doing.
8. Worst: The Sopranos
Another dinner where you would be too scared for your life to eat.
9. Best: The Taylors (Friday Night Lights)
Clear eyes, full stomachs, can’t lose.
10. Worst: The Fishers (Six Feet Under)
There’s nothing like the constant presence of death to really bring down a meal.
11. Best: The Bravermans (Parenthood)
You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll eat a lot.
12. Worst: The Whites (Breaking Bad)
Would you like your turkey with a side of meth?
Maybe your family isn’t really that bad after all.