After over 600 performances, the cast of Glee is getting ready to sing their final song. With the sixth and last season premiering, we’re counting down the best musical numbers that the members of New Directions have done over the years.
15. “This Is the New Year” – New Directions
This song is just pure joy.
14. “The Scientist” – Rachel, Finn, Kurt, Blaine, Santana, Brittany, Will and Emma
All four of the show’s main couples breaking up at the same time was a bit too much for us to take.
13. “All You Need Is Love” – Blaine
Blaine really went all out for his proposal to Kurt.
12. “We Are Young” – New Directions
Glee covered this song before it became overplayed.
11. “Rumour Has It/Someone Like You” – Mercedes, Santana and Brittany
It’s hard to take on Adele, but this mash-up is flawless.
10. “Paradise by the Dashboard Light” – New Directions
This perfomance helped the New Directions finally win the national title – and well deserved.
9. “I Want to Hold Your Hand” – Kurt
Kurt singing about his hospitalized father made us teary.
8. “River Deep – Mountain High” – Santana and Mercedes
Why haven’t these two had more duets?!
7. Journey Medley – New Directions
Journey is old school, but they have some great songs.
6. “Keep Holding On” – New Directions
Sorry Avril Lavigne, but the Glee version of your song is better.
5. “Make You Feel My Love” – Rachel
Knowing that Lea Michele chose to sing this in honor of her late boyfriend Cory Monteith makes it all the more heartbreaking.
4. “Teenage Dream” – Blaine/The Warblers
The moment we all fell in love with Darren Criss.
3. “Somebody to Love” – New Directions
Mercedes hitting that big note at the end gives us chills every time.
2. “Don’t Rain on My Parade” – Rachel
A show-stopping number in which Rachel blows everyone away with her star power.
1. “Don’t Stop Believin’” – New Directions
The classic, quintessential Glee song – hopeful, happy and it makes you want to sing along.