There’s no doubt the buzziest new star to come out of Orange Is The New Black season three is Australian born actress Ruby Rose. Tinseltown won’t stop talking about the 29-year-old, whose character Stella seamlessly stole the spotlight with her androgynous looks, edgy tattoos, and charm. Now riding the wave of sudden fame, there’s good reason to know these 15 facts about the hot new star fans can’t get enough of.
15. Her full name is Ruby Rose Langheim.
2. Ruby’s first major job in the spotlight was scoring a VJ gig for MTV Australia.
3. She came out as a lesbian when she was 12 years old.
4. Ruby is engaged to Phoebe Dahl, granddaughter of famous author Roald Dahl.
The L Chat
6. Aside from acting, modeling, and television hosting, Ruby also sings and released the single, “Guilty Pleasure” in 2012.
7. When Ruby was younger, she seriously considered and began saving for gender reassignment surgery.
8. She is the face of Maybelline Australia.
9. She’s lost count of the number of tattoos on her body.
10. Her birthday is March 20th, making her a Pisces.
11. She identifies herself as gender fluid.
12. Ruby stands 5’7″ tall.
13. Her looks are often compared to Justin Bieber.
14. She released a short film in 2014, Break Free, which she wrote, produced, and starred in.
15. Ruby has been a longtime supporter of animal rights and PETA.