The fan bases of Parks and Recreation and The Office tend to overlap because let’s face it, they are very similar. But if you really put the two sitcoms head to head, only one comes out on top. Of course I’m talking about the one that came first—The Office. Not 100 percent on board yet? Here are 10 ways that prove Michael Scott is better than Leslie Knope and the rest of her crew!
1. The long history between Jim and Pam definitely led to a bigger pay off once they finally got together.
Leslie and Ben are cute, but the history and chemistry just doesn’t measure up.
2. When Jim acknowledged the camera, it was usually funny and used to point out how outrageous his co-workers are.
When April does it, it’s just creepy and points out her own weirdness.
3. Everyone on Parks and Recreation bullies Jerry/Terry/Larry/Gary. They don’t even call him by his real name!
Sometimes Phyllis got the short end of the stick, other times it was Toby, and sometimes it was Kevin. Either way there was a balance and therefore feels more like a family.
4. Michael Scott really loves his job, but he is really bad at it most of the time, which is funny.
Leslie is really loves her job and is really good at it, so it’s anti-climatic.
5. Ron Swanson claims he doesn’t care about his job.
But we all know who does apathetic best.
6. Chris Pratt plays the idiot and it can be funny and adorable.
But Kevin’s voice being so close to The Cookie Monster makes him the funnier one.
7. April singing “The Pit” was touching only because what it meant, but we would never listen to it again.
When Andy sang “Take A Chance On Me” with his group it was really sweet, sounded good, and didn’t make us miss Michael Scott for a little while.
8. The Office taps into how we feel about most of our jobs. Working at a paper company in a world that is using less paper? That’s pretty tragic…and funny.
On the other hand Leslie, Ben, and Chris love their jobs too much to be relatable.
9. Pam and Jim were awesome because they came up with clever pranks together.
April and Andy’s role play on the other wasn’t ever as cute or clever.
10. The complicated friendship and rivalry between Jim and Dwight is legendary.
Sorry Leslie and Ann, but you didn’t have as much fun as them.
Which show do you think is better? Tweet us your answers to the Twitter handles below!