There’s no doubt that there wouldn’t be The Originals without The Vampire Diaries. The Mikaelsons being brought on the show to stir things up was a total game changer and it led to the spin-off series. However it’s time for both fandoms to acknowledge that the spin-off is better than the original.
1. It’s awesome that it is more about family
While TVD usually just shows family dying
2. Klaus Mikaelson…enough said!
3. New Orleans is such a livelier setting than Mystic Falls
4. It doesn’t have to deal with that pesky Elena Gilbert story line
5. The show is more Game of Thrones than teen drama, thanks to the turf war over the French Quarter
6. The show features the most powerful vampires ever, so it’s already pretty hard to beat
7. Its token human isn’t whiny and tempted to hate supernatural beings unlike TVD‘s…
She is the one bringing out the good in the most vicious vampire
8. The Originals has more werewolves.
9. Arguably the best episodes of TVD were the ones with the Mikaelson family. And then they left!
10. There are fewer love triangles and confusing partner swapping
11. More Mikaelsons = more awesome flashbacks to their long complicated history
12. The stakes are higher because a baby is involved
And who doesn’t love a baby?