Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D has been off the air far too long for our tastes: we can hardly wait for the mid-season premiere, and here’s a few reasons why.
* First of all, the mid-season finale seriously left us hanging. Is Mike Peterson (J. August Richards) alive? Is Coulson alive?
* That is, if he was ever alive in the first place: the trailer hints that we’ll finally find out what happened to Coulson (currently, the most popular theory is of the Life Model Decoy variety). Alone, I wouldn’t necessarily think the show would deliver on this, but the fact that Ron Glass (who cameo’d as Coulson’s doctor in the pilot) is returning is very, very telling.
* Judging from the image above, we’re going to see Skye getting in on some of the action on the show. Our favorite agent-in-training may finally be earning her stripes on the field!
* Speaking of Skye: did any of yall see this clip of Agent May betraying her?
What do you think? A red herring? Or the truth? Either May’s finally come to the end of her rope with Skye (who is arguably SHIELD’s most obnoxious main player), or it’s a case of pushing her away to save her. Either way, it’s sure to provide some good ol’ fashioned character-driven conflict.
* From the past few episodes, we’ve been treated with little doses of MayWard, which has actually proven to be beneficial in terms of character development to both parties involved; I loved their little scene together last week – May chewing Ward out for protecting her, and Ward brushing it off as a tactical decision was pitch-perfect. (Though I still ship Skimmons even more).
Since “F.Z.Z.T,” the show has been on a decided upswing, and with a bit of luck, the second half of the season will continue to deliver stronger and stronger content. Buffy, we’ve got you in our sights!