The best character on New Girl isn’t Jess, Nick or even Schmidt. It’s Winston Bishop (Lamorne Morris). Yep, the most unappreciated roommate is also the most consistently entertaining. Unfortunately, he gets pushed to the sidelines in most episodes. But when he does get a chance to shine, it’s always hilarious. Here’s why Winston deserves more love.
1. He likes fruity drinks.
2. He really loves pulling pranks.
3. But his ideas for pranks are a little extreme.
4. He also enjoys doing puzzles.
5. Even though he’s terrible at them.
6. He sings along to Wicked.
They’ll never bring you down, Winston.
7. He sings a lot in general, actually.
He probably sings more than Jess these days.
8. He dances to “Call Me Maybe.”
9. He can be philosophical sometimes.
10. And overdramatic at other times.
11. He’s a good friend.
12. He understands the importance of Saturdays.
13. He really, really loves his cat Ferguson.
Winston + Ferguson 4-eva
14. He even tried to help get his cat some action.
I repeat: he was a wingman for his cat.
15. He’s all about the food.
16. He has many impressive skills.
17. He’s socially awkward.
18. He’s okay (but not really) with being single.
Note to New Girl writers: more Winston please! Or a Winston and Ferguson spin-off.