Author

Lindsey DiMattina
News Editor Lindsey DiMattina started her career writing for a series of interior design magazines in South Florida, but moved to NYC on a whim. She dabbled in fashion PR, then took a job doing celebrity reporting. For three years, she broke news about Kim Kardashian, Mariah Carey, Snooki, Bachelor/Bachelorette winners, Teen Moms, and many more. In her spare time, you can find her rocking out to Sugarland or Lil Jon and walking her dog Bene Hendrix (named after the Jimi Hendrix). She never misses an episode of “The Borgias,” “Boardwalk Empire,” or “Game of Thrones."
  • Michael Jackson's Nephew Taj Claims He Was Molested By a Family Member
    By: Lindsey DiMattina May 17, 2013
    Michael Jackson's family is tired of Wade Robson slandering MJ's name. Jackson's nephew Taj (son of Michael's brother Tito and the late Delores V. Martes Jackson) went on a Twitter rant Thursday calling out Robson as a liar. Taj claimed that he knew that Robson is a liar because he is the molestation "survivor." According to Taj's tweets, he was sexually abused by one of his uncles on his mother's side of the family, and his uncle Michael helped him to cope with the travesties. Taj even shared a letter that Michael reportedly wrote to his mother talking about bringing awareness to child molestation incidents that can occur in a family. "My uncle was a support system for me and my mom," Taj wrote. "That is how I KNOW Wade is lying. Because I AM a survivor." Earlier this month, Robson claimed that Michael Jackson had molested him as a child. But Taj thinks that Robson is just after money and fame. "I hate that Wade made me do this, this way. But since my uncle Michael is no longer here to defend himself. I will," Taj tweeted. "Those who seek only fame & $ will do or say anything they can to get it. Those who seek or fight for the truth should be equally determined." Those who seek only fame & $ will do or say anything they can to get it. Those who seek or fight for the truth should be equally determined. — Taj Jackson (@tajjackson3) May 16, 2013 Follow Lindsey On Twitter @LDiMat.   More:Michael Jackson Accused of Molesting Wade RobsonConrad Murray Was Not Qualified Michael Jackson Jury Sees Autopsy Pic From Our Partners:What Happened to 33 Child Stars (Celebuzz)40 Most Revealing See-Through Red Carpet Looks (Vh1)
  • Anthony Edwards' Talks About the New Trailer for Disney's 'Planes'
    By: Lindsey DiMattina May 16, 2013
    In the trailer for this new animated Disney film Planes, we watch as Dusty, a crop duster who wants to compete in a famous race, soar to new hights with the help of his other plane friends. Yes, it is Cars in the air. While this movie is bound to touch a lot of hearts when it is released in theaters Aug. 9, it has already shown its appeal to actor Anthony Edwards, who does the voiceover for the character Bravo in the film.  Edwards was excited to work on Planes because flying holds a special place in his heart. "I actually became a pilot two years ago, so I started flying on my own," he told Hollywood.com recently. And let's not forget Edwards other famous aeronautical role: as the ill-fated Goose (spoiler alert!) in Top Gun alongside Tom Cruise. "The truth is, Top Gun was such a big deal in a lot of people’s minds that, that character just keeps coming back," he said. Over all, Edwards enjoys doing voiceover work. "They make it pretty easy," he said. "It’s just another fun way of telling a story, and you do it in a really controlled way. It's amazing to me the amount of work that goes on after you give the voice, what they have to do. So, you're a small part of a very big wheel." Sorry, Anthony, you're going to have to leave the talk of wheels to Cars.  Follow Lindsey on Twitter @LDiMat. More:'Planes' Taps Anthony Edwards'Planes' Sneak PeekAnthony Edwards Talks His New Mystery Show From Our Partners:What Happened to 33 Child Stars (Celebuzz)40 Most Revealing See-Through Red Carpet Looks (Vh1)
  • Billboard Beats: Selena Gomez Is Coming to Get No. 1
    By: Lindsey DiMattina May 16, 2013
    Macklemore and Ryan Lewis have made it clear no one can hold them back. For the second week in a row, their single, "Can't Hold Us," remains in the No. 1 spot on Billboard's Hot 100 Chart. But there is a newcomer to the Top 10: Selena Gomez's "Come & Get It," which debuts at No. 6 this week.  Gomez's song has only been charting for five weeks, so this jump is a big deal. But, can she stay in the top 10? She's fighting Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, and Bruno Mars, who have all been in the top 10 for weeks now. Check out this week's list: The Top 10 Songs on Billboard.com's Hot 100 Chart: 1. "Can't Hold Us" by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Featuring Ray Dalton Peak Position: 1Last Week's Position: 1Weeks on Chart: 14 2. "Just Give Me A Reason" by P!nk, Featuring Nate RuessPeak Position: 1Last Week's Position: 2Weeks on Chart: 13 3. "Mirrors" by Justin TimberlakePeak Position: 3Last Week's Position: 3Weeks on Chart: 13 4. "When I Was Your Man" by Bruno MarsPeak Position: 1Last Week's Position: 5Weeks on Chart: 21 5. "Stay" by Rihanna, Featuring Mikky Ekko Peak Position: 3Last Week's Position: 4Weeks on Chart: 14 6. "Come & Get It" by Selena Gomez  Peak Position: 6Last Week's Position: 14Weeks on Chart: 5 7. "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Featuring Wanz Peak Position: 1Last Week's Position: 6Weeks on Chart: 32 8. "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons Peak Position: 7Last Week's Position: 8Weeks on Chart: 37 9. "I Love It" by Icona Pop, Featuring Charli XCX Peak Position: 7Last Week's Position: 7Weeks on Chart: 15 10. "Cruise" by Florida Georgia Line, Featuring NellyPeak Position: 8Last Week's Position: 9Weeks on Chart: 32 Follow Lindsey on Twitter @LDiMat. More:Macklemore is Back At No. 1Rihanna May 'Stay' in the Top 10 a While LongerPsy's 'Gentleman' Breaks Into The Top 10  From Our Partners:What Happened to 33 Child Stars (Celebuzz)40 Most Revealing See-Through Red Carpet Looks (Vh1)
  • 'Bachelorette' Desiree Harsock: 'There Are a Lot of Strong, Yet Emotional Men This Season'
    By: Lindsey DiMattina May 15, 2013
    When The Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise started out, viewers tuned in to follow a reality star's journey to fall in love. We craved every sappy line that came out of their mouths and dreamed of the luxurious dates that we saw on the screen. But over ten years later, something more than the promise of love has come to attract an audience to this franchise: the drama. Last season, The Bachelor star Sean Lowe dealt with an overly contentious contestant named Tierra and this upcoming season of The Bachelorette, starring Desiree Hartsock, sounds like is going to be just as dramatic.  During a conference call Wednesday, Desiree couldn't confirm if she found love, but she could confirm that that this is going to be a roller coaster ride of a season. "The journey was incredibly emotional and it was really surprising throughout," she says. "There are a lot of strong, yet emotional men this season. So they do stand up for themselves and that does create a lot of drama." And Desiree wasn't immune to the said drama. "Yes, there's going to be tears," she says. "I really wanted to go on this show with all of my emotions being shown so that viewers could really see where I'm coming from." So how did she stay grounded when things got rough? "My family really just gave me the advice to stay true to who I am and to really trust my heart and be at peace with the decisions [I made]." Surprisingly, Des also says she had the blessing of her brother, who was largely blamed for Sean's decision to send Desiree home last season. "He will meet the men," Desiree confirms.  "I'm glad I did decide to do the show," Desiree says, adding, "And I was satisfied with my decisions throughout. I followed and trusted my heart the best that I could." The Bachelorette premieres on Monday, May 27 at 8 PM/ET on ABC.  success Follow Lindsey on Twitter @LDiMat.  More:A Judgement of Desiree's Dudes  8 Things Desiree Can Learn From Past Bachelorettes The 'Bachelorette' Campaign Trail  From Our Partners:Zoe Saldana Strips Down For Magazine (Celebuzz)33 Child Stars: Where Are They Now? (Celebuzz)
  • Good News! Miley Cyrus Is Wearing Her Engagement Ring from Liam Hemsworth Again
    By: Lindsey DiMattina May 15, 2013
      For the past few months, rumors have been circulating that Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth had called off their engagement. And for a while, Cyrus had been pictured with a bare left hand. But after weeks of wondering what's up with the couple, we can finally rest easy: Cyrus is wearing her engagement ring again. Cyrus tweeted a picture of herself sporting the ring on Monday. Cyrus and Hemsworth got engaged last May, but in March, reports linked Hemsworth to Mad Men star January Jones, and claimed that Hemsworth and Cyrus had gone their separate ways. Despite Cyrus taking to Twitter to say "I didn't call off my wedding," it was around that time that she stopped wearing her symbolic diamond. Hopefully Cyrus' recent twitpic clears up the confusion for uncertain fans. Follow Lindsey on Twitter @LDiMat More:Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Reportedly SplitMiley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are EngagedMiley Cyrus Tops Maxim's Hot 100 From Our Partners:What Happened to 33 Child Stars (Celebuzz)40 Most Revealing See-Through Red Carpet Looks (Vh1)
  • Angelina Jolie Continues Her Fight Against Cancer, Plans Surgery to Remove Her Ovaries
    By: Lindsey DiMattina May 15, 2013
    On Tuesday, Angelina Jolie revealed to the world that had an elective double mastectomy after she learned that she had an 87 percent change of getting breast cancer. Brad Pitt, Jolie's fiancé and the father of her six children, called the multiple procedure operation a "heroic" move. But now that Jolie's chances of getting breast cancer have been reduced to five percent, she's planning her next step in the fight against cancer. In the New York Times article that Jolie penned about her mastectomy, she also admitted that doctors informed her that she had a 50 percent chance of developing ovarian cancer. So, according to People magazine, the 37-year-old actress and director has decided to have one more surgery to have her ovaries removed.  People reports that some doctors advise women to get this procedure done before they reach the age of 40, or when they are done having kids. The downside of the procedure is that it could cause Jolie to start early menopause. Jolie said in her Times article that she decided to get her double mastectomy so that she will have a better chance at living a longer life. She also wrote that she hopes that other women follow her example and get tested for the BRAC1 gene, which can tell you your chances of getting breast and ovarian cancer. Follow Lindsey on Twitter @LDiMat. More:You Can't Hate Angelina Jolie Right NowBrad Pitt Calls Jolie's Double Mastectomy 'Heroic' Angelina Jolie Gets a Double Mastectomy  From Our Partners:What Happened to 33 Child Stars (Celebuzz)40 Most Revealing See-Through Red Carpet Looks (Vh1)
  • Katniss Everdeen Prepares for Battle in 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Poster
    By: Lindsey DiMattina May 14, 2013
    In the world of Panem, winning The Hunger Games is the highest title of victory. Not only does it mean that you get all of the respect that comes with your win, but it also means that you won back your right to live. But in the second movie of The Hunger Games franchise, Katniss Everdeen's world is about to take a drastic shift — and victory doesn't guarantee anything anymore. In the first official poster for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, we see Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) standing on a rock, holding her famous bow and arrow. Based on the books, it's safe to say that this scene depicts the fight Katniss is enduring in the quarter quell. And despite the odds the Capital has set against her, she will fight until the end. This idea goes perfectly with the Suzanne Collins' quote displayed at the top of the new poster: "The sun persists on rising, so I make myself stand." The Hunger Games: Catching Fire drops in theaters on Nov. 22. Follow Lindsey on Twitter @LDiMat. More:'Catching Fire' Teaser TrailerPics from 'The Hunger Games' The First Look at 'Catching Fire'  From Our Partners:What Happened to 33 Child Stars (Celebuzz)40 Most Revealing See-Through Red Carpet Looks (Vh1)
  • Brad Pitt Thinks Angelina Jolie's Double Mastectomy Is 'Absolutely Heroic'
    By: Lindsey DiMattina May 14, 2013
    Tuesday morning, the New York Times published an article penned by Angelina Jolie in which she revealed that she had recently undergone a double mastectomy. She described her decision to move forward with the multiple procedures after doctors informed her that she had an 87 percent chance of getting breast cancer. Now, following the double mastectomy, Jolie only has a five percent risk. While some people are questioning Jolie's decision to get the procedure done, her life partner and the father of her six children, Brad Pitt, is standing by her side. "Having witnessed this decision firsthand, I find Angie’s choice, as well as so many others like her, absolutely heroic," Pitt tells the London Evening Star. "I thank our medical team for their care and focus." Pitt adds: "All I want for is for her to have a long and healthy life, with myself and our children. This is a happy day for our family." In Jolie's New York Times piece, she also described how grateful she was to have Pitt's support during this trying time. "I am fortunate to have a partner, Brad Pitt, who is so loving and supportive," she wrote. "So to anyone who has a wife or girlfriend going through this, know that you are a very important part of the transition. Brad was at the Pink Lotus Breast Center, where I was treated, for every minute of the surgeries. We managed to find moments to laugh together. We knew this was the right thing to do for our family and that it would bring us closer. And it has." Follow Lindsey on Twitter @LDiMat More:Angelina Jolie Gets a Double MastectomyAngelina Jolie in 'Maleficiant' — PIC Angelina Jolie: Then and Now  From Our Partners:What Happened to 33 Child Stars (Celebuzz)40 Most Revealing See-Through Red Carpet Looks (Vh1)
  • Angelina Jolie Gets a Double Mastectomy as a Preventative Measure
    By: Lindsey DiMattina May 14, 2013
    Angelina Jolie has made a tough decision that will forever change her life. The 37-year-old actress reveals she underwent a double mastectomy to reduce the odds she will get breast cancer. In a New York Times column that came out Tuesday, Jolie admits she had the surgery in February and the last of the follow-up procedures in April. "My chances of developing breast cancer have dropped from 87 percent to under 5 percent," Jolie writes. "I can tell my children that they don’t need to fear they will lose me to breast cancer." Doctors also told her that she has a 50 percent chance of getting ovarian cancer. Brad Pitt, Jolie's partner and father to their six children, has been extremely supportive. "Brad was at the Pink Lotus Breast Center, where I was treated, for every minute of the surgeries," she says. For Jolie, this decision stemmed from the fact that her mother Marcheline Bertrand died at 56 after a long battle against breast cancer. "My mother...held out long enough to meet the first of her grandchildren and to hold them in her arms. But my other children will never have the chance to know her and experience how loving and gracious she was." In the article, Jolie details the extremes of each procedure. She also discloses that she now has breast implants. But Jolie is wary about exposing her children to the details. "It is reassuring that they see nothing that makes them uncomfortable," she says. "They can see my small scars and that’s it. Everything else is just Mommy, the same as she always was." Jolie opted to write the article as a way to bring awareness. "I choose not to keep my story private because there are many women who do not know that they might be living under the shadow of cancer," she says. "It is my hope that they, too, will be able to get gene tested, and that if they have a high risk they, too, will know that they have strong options." Follow Lindsey on Twitter @LDiMat. More:Angelina Jolie in 'Maleficiant' — PICAngelina Jolie: Then and Now Angelina Jolie's 50 Shades of Grey From Our Partners:What Happened to 33 Child Stars (Celebuzz)40 Most Revealing See-Through Red Carpet Looks (Vh1)
  • Terrence Howard, Taye Diggs, and Morris Chestnut Reunite in 'The Best Man Holiday'
    By: Lindsey DiMattina May 13, 2013
    The '90s were famous for romantic comedies that focused on appealing to female sensitivies. But in 1999, Malcolm D. Lee came out with a more male-driven comedy: The Best Man. Now, nearly 14 years later, the sequel to this film  — The Best Man Holiday — is headed to a theater near you.  The 1999 movie followed the story of Harper Stewart (Taye Diggs) as he was about to release an autobiographical novel. Along the way, he explored his commitment fears and acted as the best man in his friend Lance's wedding. Now, Harper reunites with all of his friends. Nia Long, Morris Chestnut, Terrence Howard, Regina Hall, Sanaa Lathan, Melissa De Sousa, and Harold Perrineau are all back for the sequel. The Best Man Holiday drops in theaters on Nov. 15. Follow Lindsey on Twitter @LDiMat. More: Taye Diggs Aprehends Burglar Diggs Born with 12 Fingers'Best Man' Sequel in the Works  From Our Partners:What Happened to 33 Child Stars (Celebuzz)40 Most Revealing See-Through Red Carpet Looks (Vh1)