If there’s one thing we know for sure about Jesse Eisenberg, it’s that he’s adorably awkward. He also does a fantastic job of staying out of the paparazzi’s prying eye and remains a low key member of Hollywood’s elite in-crowd. While he’s good at keeping his private life out of the headlines, details about Jesse still manage to leak into the mainstream. Here are 15 things you probably didn’t know about the Oscar-nominated actor.
1. Jesse Eisenberg is shocked whenever he is cast in a movie.
2. His mom performed as a professional clown at children’s birthday parties for 20 years.
3. Prior to shooting The Social Network, Jesse had never even seen a Facebook page.
4. Jesse suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, but it has never affected his acting.
5. If he weren’t an actor, Jesse says he’d be a bike messenger.
6. While shooting The Social Network, Jesse set up a fake Facebook account for Andrew Garfield.
7. Jesse doesn’t follow fashion and describes his personal style as, “everyday is laundry day.”
8. Being recognized out in public makes him uncomfortable.
9. When it comes to chick flicks, his favorite is Sleepless in Seattle.
10. Jesse has been playing drums since he was 8-years-old.
11. Jesse’s little sister Hallie Eisenberg was the adorable face of Pepsi in the ’90s.
12. He absolutely hates watching himself act in movies.
13. Before he was part of Hollywood’s A-list, Jesse took on the part of “Naked Boy” in a Dr. Pepper commercial.
14. Jesse has often been mistaken for Michael Cera.
15. One of Jesse’s biggest fans is Robert Pattinson.