Haliee Steinfeld is just 18-years-old but she’s already an Oscar nominee, a member of Taylor Swift’s elite friend squad and a fantastic singer in her own right. She just released an insanely catchy tune called “Love Myself,” an anthem that unabashedly promotes self-love (wink wink). She’s definitely one to watch, so allow us to help you get to know her a little bit better.
1. She beat out 15,000 girls for the role of Mattie Ross in True Grit when she was 13.
2. She became the face of designer label Miu Miu at just 14 years old.
3. In 2009, she starred in a TV commercial for Kmart’s back-to-school campaign.
4. She played not one, but three characters in Taylor’s “Bad Blood” video.
5. She sang an acoustic duet of Shawn Mendes’ “Stitches.”
6. Her brother Griffin Steinfeld is a professional NASCAR driver.
7. Lena Dunham is a huge fan of “Love Myself.”
8. She’s pals with Demi Lovato.
9. Her favorite emoji is the cat with the heart eyes. (the 1:57 mark)
10. At 14, she was cast as Juliet in the film Romeo & Juliet, a role originally intended for a 20-year-old.
11. Shortly after Pitch Perfect 2 (her first singing role) opened in theaters, Hailee was signed to Republic Records.
12. She’s an angel, according to Anna Kendrick.
We agree with Anna’s assessment. What do YOU think Hailee’s new music career?