DarkMode/LightMode
Light Mode

U.K. police receive new Weinstein complaint

British police officials have received an eighth sexual assault complaint against disgraced producer Harvey Weinstein.

The latest alleged victim claims she was attacked by the movie mogul 26 years ago, although the incident occurred outside of the U.K.

Authorities at Scotland Yard confirmed the news on Tuesday (07Nov17) in a statement which reads: “On 31 October an allegation was received that the man sexually assaulted a woman (Victim 8) outside the jurisdiction of the U.K. in 1991. The allegation will be passed to the local police force in due course.”

- Advertisement -

Further details about reported encounter have not been released.

Police officers are investigating complaints against Weinstein as part of Operation Kaguyak, which they launched following the publication of an expose in The New York Times in early October (17), which detailed the producer’s alleged sexual misconduct dating back at least 30 years.

Weinstein has denied all allegations of non-consensual sex, but he is also facing criminal investigations in Los Angeles and New York, where prosecutors reportedly have enough evidence to seek an indictment.

According to NBC New York, Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance is preparing to present his case for charges before a grand jury next week (begs13Nov17), after Boardwalk Empire actress Paz de la Huerta reported Weinstein to police on 26 October (17) for allegedly raping her twice in 2010.

She told CBS News last week (ends03Nov17) that Weinstein allegedly forced himself upon her after agreeing to give her a ride back to her apartment after a party.

“He pushed me on the bed and it happened all very suddenly,” she said.

- Advertisement -

De la Huerta told the news outlet the movie boss started calling her and she confronted him a month later at a Los Angeles hotel. She claimed Weinstein showed up in the lobby of her apartment building weeks later and raped her again, while she was drunk.

- Advertisement -