Light Mode

Deaths at Ariana Grande concert after bomb blasts

Police officials in Manchester, England have confirmed bomb blasts at Ariana Grande’s Monday night (22May17) concert in the city have claimed lives.
Fans have been evacuated from the Manchester Arena following a pair of explosions, which are now being investigated by local authorities.
The bombs went off in the box office area of the venue minutes after Ariana’s concert had ended.
Grande’s publicist has confirmed the singer is OK, but fans at the show have taken to Twitter to reveal the first bomb blast led to mass panic inside the venue and concertgoers began running outside as the second explosion shook the building.
One man captured video of an emergency vehicle racing to the scene, while other fans have posted video from inside the venue and others are reporting smoke, blood and even bodies, although these social media accounts have not been confirmed.
One devotee tweeted: “I was inside Ariana Grande’s concert in Manchester Arena. Right at the end a explosion was heard. Smoke on the corridors and blood”, while another added, “There has been a bomb near the Manchester arena. I’ve seen bodies everywhere. Please everyone let your family know you’re safe.”
Another concertgoer, 22-year-old Majid Khan, told The Independent fans were exiting the venue at about 10.40 local time when a “huge bomb-like bang went off” that “hugely panicked everyone”.
He added, “It was one bang and essentially everyone from the other side of the arena where the bang was heard from suddenly came running towards us (sic)… Everyone was just running to any exit they could find as quickly as they could.”
A statement from Greater Manchester Police reads: “There are a number of confirmed fatalities and others injured. Police are telling everyone to avoid the area so first responders can work.”
New video footage of the aftermath following the bomb blasts shows people fleeing from the venue in tears.
One fan tells Mail Online, “Suddenly everybody started screaming and running for the exit… We could hear the police and ambulance sirens. It was terrifying. There were thousands of people trying to get out at once. They were all screaming and crying. The whole place smelt smokey and burnt.”

- Advertisement -