It’s that time of year again, people are decorating their homes and trying to find the perfect gifts for their loved ones, and quite frankly some of us find it rather nauseating. In your opinion, the holidays certainly aren’t magical or special, and you’re just counting down the days until it’s all over. Your family and friends might think that you’re just a grump, but you know that you aren’t alone in your overall contempt for the holidays. Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas proved that there are plenty of reasons to despise this time of year. Quite frankly, Mr. Grinch has a worse attitude toward Christmas than you do. Here are 10 reasons why The Grinch will always hate the holidays more than you.
1. The Grinch can’t deal with people at ALL, but you’re willing to tolerate them in small doses.
Except of course when strangers try to engage with you. The line has to be drawn somewhere.
2. Mr. Grinch has to resort to talking to himself for amusement.
At least you have friends to laugh at your jokes…..hopefully.
3. He hates leaving his house even more than you do!
You’ll leave your home…like for food and stuff.
4. Visitors aren’t your thing, but at least you don’t terrorize them.
Honestly though, the only person you’ve invited to your home lately has been the delivery guy.
5. While you’re schedule may only be full of things that YOU want to do, at least you aren’t slipping into madness like The Grinch.
Self-loathing is simply a level of despair that you have yet to reach. But who knows, this holiday season just might get you there.
6. You at least pretend to have a decent excuse about why you’re not down the hang out.
See, you know how to consider people’s feelings.
7. You can at least tolerate Christmas tunes.
As long as you only hear them on December 25th.
8. You’re just a bit better at self-care than The Grinch during the holidays.
But then again, who isn’t?
9. When you don’t have anything nice to say, you don’t say anything at all.
Most of the time.
10. And most importantly, you’re smile…though a rare occurrence isn’t quite this menacing.
See The Cast Of 'Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas' 15 Years Later
11 Reasons Why Jim Carrey is the Only Version of the Grinch We Need
12 Reasons Why 'Home Alone' Is The Best Christmas Movie Ever In Life
Julia Roberts geeks out over meeting her 'personal hero' Dr. Anthony Fauci
John Krasinski's Some Good News moving to television with a new host
Pamela Anderson not a fan of Baywatch movie
Tina Turner documentary in production
Chelsea Handler to front first stand-up special in six years at HBO Max