A spoof of animated films, Sausage Party follows the journey of a hot dog sausage who tries to discover the truth to his existence. Be warned however, this is film is Rated R and is not for children! Actually, a few people have already made that mistake with Sausage Party and showed it to kids... read on to find out what happened!
1. Sausage Party is the first animated film written by Seth Rogen.
It took Rogen eight years for the movie to get picked up by film studios because of the dark nature of the film.
2. The MPAA requested the film to remove hair from Lavash’s genitals in order to keep its R rating.
It originally received a NC-17 rating because a piece of Lavash’s pubic hair was visible on the scrotum.
3. The trailer for Sausage Party was accidentally shown during a screening of Finding Dory.
The incident happened at Brenden Concord cinemas in Concord, California and horrified young audiences. The theater later apologized.
4. Sausage Party has a scene that references Saving Private Ryan.
The scene where characters are spilled on the ground and covered in flour is a nod to the Omaha Beach landing scene in Saving Private Ryan.
5. Compared to Pixar and other animated movies which cost $100 million to make, Sausage Party only cost under $20 million to make.
6. Sausage Party is the first American R-rated computer animated film in nine years.
The last one was Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters in 2007.
7. The film take places on the Fourth of July.