Tom Holland has no plans to appear in Back to the Future remake

RobertDowneyJr_TomHolland_DolittlePremiere
WENN.com

Tom Holland has ruled out appearing in a remake of Back To The Future as it’s already a “perfect movie”.

The 23-year-old star was the center of a viral “deepfake” video reimagining the 1985 time-travel comedy, which used digital technology to map Holland’s face onto Michael J. Fox‘s Marty McFly, and Robert Downey, Jr.‘s face onto Christopher Lloyd‘s Doc Brown.

While the clip sparked a resurged interest in a revival, the Spider-Man: Homecoming actor insisted he’s not on board with the idea.

“I would not be interested because that is a perfect movie,” he told Entertainment Tonight.

He went on to explain that playing the character would also be redundant when it came to his own body of work.

“When I first got Spider-Man, my goal was to be my generation’s Marty McFly,” Holland explained.

“When I was on the press tour, a journalist said to me, ‘You realize you’re like Marty McFly in this movie?’ And I was like, ‘(OK!) Done.'”

Director Robert Zemeckis has previously branded talk of a remake “outrageous”, telling Britain’s The Daily Telegraph newspaper, “Oh, God no… That can’t happen until both Bob (Gale, screenwriter) and I are dead. And then I’m sure they’ll do it unless there’s a way our estates can stop it.”

In accordance with the contracts the pair signed, the two men have the final say on the production of any Back to the Future-related films for as long as they live.

The increased interest in the franchise comes ahead of the launch of Back to the Future: The Musical at Manchester Opera House in the U.K. on Thursday (February 20, 2020).

SIMILAR ARTICLES