It’s quite obvious that Home Alone and it’s sequel are the best Christmas movies ever in life! Through both films, we learned several valuable life lessons from Kevin McCallister (Macaulay Culkin) about making the most of being home alone that we can overlook how the character is clearly traumatized from these events. So next time you take a vacation or when your family leaves you alone for a week, be sure to keep Kevin McCallister’s important tips in mind!
1. Do things you never thought you would do!
2. Always remember hygiene.
Take a shower washing every body part with actual soap, including all your major crevices, including in between your toes and in your belly button which you never did before but will sort of enjoy.
3. Get your vacation buddies fired up.
4. Go wild with the delicacies.
And never settle for only two scoops of ice cream.
5. Always tip your waiters, drivers and bellboys.
6. If others are vacationing at your place, be sure to decorate accordingly.
7. Do things you would never get away with elsewhere.
8. Don’t forget about faith.
9. Sit back and relax.
10. Get plenty of rest…or not.
11. And spread cheer to others.