Father’s Day is coming and that means it’s time to honor all the dads and father figures in your life – including the TV ones. Here are some of your favorite TV dads and the important lessons they taught us:
1. Coach Taylor (Friday Night Lights)
Lesson: Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose.
2. Keith Mars (Veronica Mars)
Lesson: Always carry a stun gun.
3. Sandy Cohen (The O.C.)
Lesson: Help people less fortunate than you…like troubled teens from Chino.
4. Danny Tanner (Full House)
Lesson: Talk out your problems. And always keep a clean house.
5. Phil Dunphy (Modern Family)
Lesson: You can bond with your daughter’s boyfriend, but make sure you always have her back.
6. Carl Winslow (Family Matters)
Lesson: Sometimes you have to tolerate annoying, nerdy, nasally neighbors.
7. Andy Brown (Everwood)
Lesson: A fresh start in a new town is sometimes necessary.
8. Michael Bluth (Arrested Development)
Lesson: The most important thing is family…or is it breakfast?
9. Homer Simpson (The Simpsons)
10. George Bluth Sr. (Arrested Development)
Lesson: There’s always money in the banana stand. No but literally.
11. Frank Costanza (Seinfeld)
Lesson: Festivus for the rest of us!
12. Burt Hummel (Glee)
Lesson: Accept your kids, no matter what.
13. Harry Morgan (Dexter)
Lesson: Live by a “code.”
Who’s YOUR favorite TV dad? Tell us in the comments!