Friends taught us several valuable life lessons about living with roommates but it also taught us about being…well…friends! Let’s be honest. Monica Geller (Courteney Cox) and Rachel Green (Jennifer Aniston) was the TV friendship you aspired to have one day. Of course, the two managed to afford a huge apartment in New York City while getting through fights over Jean-Claude Van Damme but that didn’t stop them from being one of the best friendships on TV. Here are 12 reasons why Monica and Rachel were your BFF goals!
1. They have no shame.
2. They’re always there for each other through the good times and the bad.
3. They know how to enjoy a good meal together.
4. Brutal honesty comes naturally for them.
Especially when it comes to Monica and cooking.
5. They know when to alert each other to the important things.
6. They’re not afraid to ask the important questions.
7. Monica is the mother Rachel never had.
8. They encourage each other.
9. They know how to be each other’s wing girl.
Even if they BOTH ended up fighting over Jean-Claude Van Damme.
10. They’re great storytellers about their experiences and adventures.
11. Fun is very important to them.
Even though they like to experience it differently.
12. And they know how to be there for each other at their lowest points.