Shonda Rhimes is a force of nature in television, thanks to writing and producing hit shows like Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice, and How to Get Away With Murder. She is also a trail blazer by putting a black woman in a leading role on a network station for the first time in almost 40 years. After all of these accomplishments, Shonda has rightfully accumulated a big fan base but there is a group of fans that are much stronger than the others.
1. You won’t admit that Shonda emotionally blackmailed you into watching How To Get Away With Murder by casting Viola Davis. But then she gives away so much air time to the students (like the adorable Alfie Enoch)…what?!
2. You had a mental break down when Sandra Oh left Greys, but you came back and kept watching because–Shonda!
3. You forgave her every time she needlessly put your favorite characters in life or death situations.
4. You lost your social life on Thursday nights because you’re totally engulfed in Shondaland.
5. Against better judgment you gave away your Thursday night shift without being traded a shift in return. To make this okay in your brain you just say…
6. You keep watching her shows even though she breaks up your favorite couple for the hundredth time.
7. You take Shonda’s side with anyone she beefs with.
8. You stay up late to watch even though you have to get up early. You’ll be grumpy, but no one will spoil the show for you.
9. You kept watching after Grey’s Anatomy introduced a surprise that Meredith had a sister.
Only to kill her off…
and then introduce another surprise sister!!!!
10. You fan girled like nobody’s business when Shonda appeared on The Mindy Project.
11. You already know the first thing you’re going to say to her if you ever meet her.
12. This is your reaction to Shonda haters.
Oh Shonda, sometimes the drama of your shows really push us to the edge.
But WE LOVE YOU, WE REALLY, REALLY LOVE YOU!
What do you love about Shonda? Tweet us your answers by using the Twitter handles below!