Are you the grumpy old man of your friend group? Have you written half a book about zombies or tried to live without a cell phone? Then you might have a lot in common with Nick Miller (Jake Johnson), New Girl‘s lovable curmudgeon. Nick doesn’t have his life together, but that’s what makes him so great. And we’ve all been there, right?
1. You get irrationally angry about things.
2. Really, you yell a lot.
3. You give up pretty easily.
Meh, it wasn’t worth it anyway.
4. Being vulnerable isn’t really your thing…
5. …most of the time.
6. You are extremely pessimistic.
7. You don’t trust people.
8. You don’t always think things through.
9. Which leads to a lot of bad decisions.
10. You’re broke.
11. You still don’t know how to be an adult.
You might have the credit score of a homeless ghost.
12. You have slacker tendencies.
13. You’re not a good dancer, but that doesn’t stop you.
14. You’ve dabbled in writing.
15. You are not good at relationships.
16. You’re still friends with one of your exes, and it’s…awkward, to say the least.
What? No, I’m not secretly still in love with you.
Hey, no one has their life completely together. All you Nick Millers out there, keep doing you.