Lucas Scott might have been the broodiest guy on One Tree Hill, but he was also one of the most profound. Anyone that watched OTH has had a Lucas Scott quote as one of their Facebook statuses at one point or another in their lives.
1. “Do not let your fire go out, sparked by irreplaceable spark. And the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish. And lonely frustration for the life you deserved but never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists. It is real. It is possible. And it is yours.”
2. “Happiness comes in many forms – in the company of good friends, in the feeling you get when you make someone else’s dream come true, or in the promise of hope renewed. It’s okay to let yourself be happy because you never know how fleeting that happiness might be.”
3. “There comes a time when every life goes off course. In this desperate moment, you must choose your direction. Will you fight to stay on the path, while others tell you who you are? Or will you label yourself? Will you be honored by your choice? Or will you embrace your new path? Each morning, you choose to move forward, or to simply give up.”
4. “Do you ever look at a picture of yourself, and see a stranger in the background? Makes you wonder, how many strangers have pictures of you? How many moments of other peoples’ lives have we been in? Were we a part of someone’s life when their dreams came true? Or were we there when their dreams died? Did we keep trying to get in, as is if we were somehow destined to be there? Or did the shot take us by surprise? Just think. You could be a big part of someone else’s life and not know it.”
5. “Sometimes, it’s easy to feel like you’re the only one in the world who’s struggling, who’s frustrated, or unsatisfied, or barely getting by. That feeling is a lie. And if you just hold on, just find the courage to face it all for another day, someone or something will find you and make it all okay, because we all need a little help sometimes, someone to help us hear the music in the world, to remind us that it won’t always be this way. That someone is out there, and that someone will find you.”
6. “Passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction.”
7. “…we all need a little help sometimes. Someone to help us hear the music in the world, to remind us that it won’t always be this way. That someone is out there. And that someone will find you.”
8. “If you could go back and change just one thing about your life, would you? And if you did, would that change make your life better? Or would that change ultimately break your heart? Or break the heart of another? Would you choose an entirely different path? Or would you change just one thing? Just one moment. One moment that you always wanted back.”
9. “Have you ever wondered what marks our time here? If one life can really make an impact on the world? Or if the choices we make matter? I believe they do. And I believe that one man can change many lives… for better or worse!”
10. “Peyton! It’s you. When all my dreams come true, the one I want next to me. It’s you. It’s you Peyton.”
11. “It was a comet. The boy saw the comet and he felt as though his life had meaning. And when it went away, he waited his entire life for it to come back to him. It was more than just a comet because of what it brought to his life: direction, beauty, meaning. There are many who couldn’t understand, and sometimes he walked among them. But even in his darkest hours, he knew in his heart that someday it would return to him, and his world would be whole again… And his belief in God and love and art would be re-awakened in his heart. The boy saw the comet and suddenly his life had meaning.”
12. ” I’ve loved you since the first time I saw you. And this ring, and these words, are simply a way to show the rest of the world what’s been in my heart for as long as I’ve known you. I love you, Peyton Elizabeth Sawyer. I always have and I always will.”
13. “Does this darkness have a name? This cruelty, this hatred. How did it find us? Did it steal into our lives or did we seek it out and embrace it? What happened to us? That we now send our children out into the world like we send young men to war, hoping for their safe return but knowing that some will be lost along the way. When did we lose our way? Consumed by the shadows, swallowed whole by the darkness. Does this darkness have a name? Is it your name?”
14. You ever wake up from a really good dream, and try to get back to sleep? Or you got the flu, and you promise yourself you will appreciate normal so much more, if you can just get back to it? That’s the way I feel. I just want things to go back to the way they were.”
Which Lucas Scott quote do you think really defines the life of this Scott brother? Share your thoughts in the comment box!