During the second season of The Vampire Diaries Niklaus “Klaus” Mikaelson came through Mystic Falls like a wrecking ball, and TVD franchise hasn’t been the same since. From his monstrous attitude towards anyone and everyone (except perhaps Caroline), and his disdain for trivial things like humanity and compassion, Klaus was everything that The Vampire Diaries needed from a villain. Though he was supposed to be killed off after one season, TVD producers were so impressed with Joseph Morgan that they kept him on. It’s a good thing the dimpled bad-boy had so much trouble controlling his impulses, because without Klaus we wouldn’t have The Originals. Here are 14 reasons why The Vampire Diaries’ Klaus was the best kind of savage
1. He always knew how to make an entrance.
Waiting for invitations is a game for baby vamps.
2. Trivial weapons like stakes were inconsequential to him.
After all, not much can kill an Original let alone a pathetic piece of wood.
3. Klaus was the baddest of the big bad.
You’d be unbothered too, if you were an original vampire-werewolf hybrid.
4. He always knew a good meal when he saw one.
We never turn down good food either.
5. He knew how to put the blood of his enemies to good use.
No greater masterpiece has ever been made.
6. Klaus got us to feel things we probably shouldn’t have.
We definitely weren’t the only ones who found his predatory nature rather…alluring. #50shadesofKlaus
7. He looks good in any damn century.
10th century to present.
8. He made killing an art form.
9. Despite what we may think, he always wanted what was best for his family…kind of.
We can all just ignore that time he locked them all up in coffins for centuries.
10. He’s the master at lying through his teeth.
After thousands of years, Klaus still didn’t know not to make promises he couldn’t keep…typical.
11. However, he did have his moments of transparency.
Don’t we all Klaus, don’t we all.
12. He can’t be broken.
13. The promises that he did keep, were the best kind.
SERIOUSLY THOUGH, THE TENSION BETWEEN THESE TWO!!!
We’re just going to wait here patiently for Klaroline to get their act together.
14. Seriously though, when’s the last time a savage monster looked this good?!
Oh, Niklaus what should we do with you?
MORE FOR YOU:
16 Things You Never Knew About 'The Vampire Diaries'
See How the Characters of 'The Vampire Diaries' Evolved In 7 Seasons
11 Signs You're Not Over Nina Dobrev Leaving 'The Vampire Diaries'
See Music Legend Helen Reddy’s story in ‘I Am Woman’ Trailer
Zoe Saldana 'so sorry' she played Nina Simone in biopic
See a Tease of everything coming to 'DC FanDome'
'The Old Guard''s post production team featured 85% women
Halsey and Naomi Campbell lead calls to help Lebanon following Beirut blast