Tonight’s the night where Norma (Vera Farmiga) and Norman (Freddie Highmore) return for another season of Bates Motel. If you have ever seen the movie Psycho, you probably assumed that Norma had some strange hold on her son. The show adaptation has proved it’s a little more complicated than that. Norma truly does try to do the best she can raising Norman, in her own weird way.
1. She tells her kids that she loves them and means it.
2. She’s not afraid to do what she needs to do to protect her family.
3. Her helicopter parenting is misguided, but done out of love. Plus, she knows Norman is not all there and can’t be left alone…
4. She tries to find new and fun things to do with Norman.
5. She supports her son’s creepy new hobby because he’s happy.
6. She tries to keep bad influences away from her son.
7. She was brave enough to move and start a new business to make a new life for her son.
Do you think Norma is a good mother? Tweet us your answers using the handles below!