At one point in Insurgent, a character approaches a Tris (Shailene Woodley) and asks, “Where’s your scary boyfriend?” She replies, “Off doing scary boyfriend things.” They’re referring, of course, to Four (Theo James) – the intimidating hottie that won Tris’ heart in Divergent. For fans of the series (and those who subscribe to the Divergent “you’re not just one thing” philosophy), we know Four isn’t just “scary.” He’s sexy, selfless, sensitive and – let’s be honest – one of the main reasons we’ll be heading to the theaters on Friday to see Insurgent in IMAX 3D. Here’s why we wish he was our “scary boyfriend.”
1. Those tattoos. We’re all about Four’s extensive ink.
2. Because he kisses like this.
3. The way he totally supported Tris for chopping off all her hair.
4. He aims to please.
5. This look.
6. The way he’s always there for Tris when she needs him most.
7. He’ll always defend you against bullies…most likely with his fists.
8. The way he trusts his woman.
9. “Do that thing you do,” Peter says at one particularly tense moment of Insurgent. He means the headbutting, the punching and general badassary Four typically exhibits.
10. The fact that he only has four fears – and commitment ain’t one of them!
11. We love it when he plays hard to get.
12. He says things like this:
13. He can do things like this, and not die.
14. This. Just this.
Are you excited for Insurgent? Do you love Four/Theo James as much as we do? Chat with us on social media!