Those who adore Harry Potter know that J.K. Rowling‘s series goes well beyond the Wizarding World, fantastic adventures and the fight between good and evil. The most magical things about the series are all of the nuggets of wisdom sprinkled throughout it, that have given us everlasting insight about how we relate to one another as people. Here are 11 magical things that Harry Potter taught us about love and friendship.
1. Love is worth every breath in this thing we call life.
“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.” – Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
2. True friendship has an unbreakable bond.
“He must have known I’d want to leave you.”
”No, he must have known you would always want to come back.”
― Ron Weasley & Harry Potter, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
3. The heart cares nothing for our differences and opinions.
“Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.” ―Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire
4. Real friendships are forged in the most unlikely of circumstances.
“There are some things you can’t share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
5. The people that you choose to spend your life with is one of the most profound choices that you will ever make.
“We can’t choose our fate, but we can choose others. Be careful in knowing that.” ―Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
6. Allowing trivial things to divide us will inevitably lead to our destruction.
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.” ― Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
7. There is no need to worry about the future, now is the time to live and to love.
“What’s comin’ will come, and we’ll meet it when it does.” ― Rubeus Hagrid, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
8. Literally, treat everyone the way you want to be treated.
“If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” ― Sirius Black, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
9. Love your friends, but respect yourself enough to stand up for what you believe in, even if they disagree.
“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” ― Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
10. Be there for your loved ones, you’ll eventually need them to return the favor.
“We’re with you whatever happens.” ― Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
11. Those who don’t know love or friendship will never know peace or happiness.
“You’re the one who is weak. You will never know love or friendship. And I feel sorry for you.” ― Harry Potter, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
40 Behind The Scenes 'Harry Potter' Facts To Store In Your Pensieve
25 Times The Actors From 'Harry Potter' Forgot They Were Supposed To Be Distinguished Wizards
So, Hermione and Malfoy Totally Had A Thing (Basically They Were Snape & Lily 2.0)
16 Of The Most WTF 'Harry Potter' Changes From Book to Film