Jessica Jones is the new Netflix and Marvel show that everyone is talking about. Not only is it good (which it is), but because it gets real about sexism and abusive relationships. Our hero is a complicated woman trying to take down her mind-controlling abuser who stalks her and leaves ruined lives in his wake. And unsurprisingly, he’s not the only man on the show who has a problem with sexist behavior.
1. When Kilgrave kept telling women to smile while intimidating them.
2. The discussion where Kilgrave acted like what he did couldn’t have possibly been rape.
3. The moment where Kilgrave called Jessica a bitch when she was finally able to be in control.
4. This catcaller acting like only girls should be worried about being nice in hopes of finding a man.
5. The scene where Kilgrave really tried to force Jessica into wearing a dress.
6. When Simpson got confused and thought these strong ladies actually needed him.
7. The moment Kilgrave seriously acted like Jessica’s body parts were for his use only.
8. The scene where random bar guy brought up his “bishop” to Trish as if that’s appropriate to say to a stranger.
9. When Kilgrave slipped up and referred to Jessica as an object to be obtained.
10. This beauty of a line from Trish is basically the whole show.